Detecting Items in a Certain Area (@some_kid is a genius)

I’m looking for a way to detect if a certain item is in a certain area.
Basically just a zone for items.

I’m looking at getting back into Gimkit Creative and I’m starting out with an escape room, and I want to make a puzzle using this mechanic. I know this community is very big and I know you won’t let me down!

Do players have to drop it in the area?
If so, I may have a solution for you.

Yes, thats what I was planning. I tried using the zone, but it doesn’t detect specific items.

So what’s your idea? Sorry I didn’t reply correctly last time.

I’ll have the solution soon, but I gotta go do smth real quick.

So, Gimkit can’t detect a difference between dropped items, unfortunately. You’d have to have vending machine or a crafting table used as a gateway. However, I don’t know how to do this without either seeing the vending machine or having the crafting table UI pop up. There’s probably a way, but I wouldn’t know.

Here is finished product.

When player enters zone broadcast on channel A
When player exits zone broadcast on channel B
trigger 1 triggers when recieving on channel A
Block code for trigger:

Trigger 2 triggers when recieving on channel B
block code for trigger 2

The item manager tracks whatever item you want to detect.
block code for inventory manager

Property scope is set to player. It is true/false.
This will also detect weather the player picks up the item there. If that’s a problem for you, I encourage you to figure out that for yourself. :wink:

If you can't figure it out:

better blocks

Sorry I took so long.

2 Likes

Wow! this works super good! Thanks a lot, do you want credit or an ester egg or something in the game?

Sure!
Since it’s an escape room, I’ll bet at some point there’s a note you have to pick up and read with a code or something. You could have it say something like “the note is signed by ‘some kid’”
Or you could just put me in the credits if you already have that made.

You’ve got it! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.