Debate about Unnecessary Tags

There’s not really an easy way to tell if a guide is a wiki other than that

3 Likes

What else needs to be done?

2 Likes

We should probably remove game-design and game-mechanics. Applies to too much posts. We can talk more tomorrow, when we get more community input

2 Likes

I agree with that, they both are basically normal guides.

2 Likes

Going offline, but not gonna mark a solution so you guys can sort this out

2 Likes

I’m going to remove the guides under this tag.

2 Likes

The rating system would have worked really well in the beginning, but as the community evolves, the bar for each requirement goes higher and higher. Like according to the strict requirements, there could be a couple green guides to be bumped up to easy.

1 Like

Sure, you can remove it, because it was made before solutions existed and is therefore outdated now.

1 Like

I propose we keep blue just because new people are using it too much, but get rid of everything else. Also, pi color hehe

1 Like

I propose we also keep black, because it’s only on the hardest guides of their era.

1 Like

What do you think about turning PSAs into informational ?

1 Like

Opinions on turning beginner-must-read into a simple guide with all the info?

1 Like

No. I always think my posts are WAY easier than they actually are.

1 Like

Yes! We need to put to search for community made guides at the top.

1 Like

This can be corrected in the comments. Difficulty polls can sometimes be longer than the guides. You could just pick a difficulty, and let others refine that to be more accurate in the comments.

2 Likes

It’s never gonna happen, people are too lazy.
If this was stack overflow, like half the questions would be closed for being duplicates.

1 Like

But I’ll write up something and send it here for feedback.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right.

1 Like

Welcome guide v1

Welcome to the forums! This is a short guide that will teach you about them. Please read the sections below!

Posting Questions

Questions belong in Help. Remember to write your problem with detail, so you can be better helped! If you have a suggestion for the gimkit developers, this isn’t the place for it. Post suggestions here.

Marking Solutions

If someone answers your question, mark it as a solution! Just click this button under their answer!

Limits

On your first day here, you will only be able to make 10 replies. This is to prevent spam bots, and while annoying it does help create a cleaner forum. You also cannot post replies less than 20 characters long.

Jοin Codes

You are not allowed to post jοin codes or publish links. This rule is in place to prevent spam, s please don’t break it.

Tags

Tags are used to help people find posts easier. For now, don’t add tags to your posts, as the tag system we use is quite complex, and some tags are reserved only for the gimkit team. Community members will tag your post with necessary tags for you, just ping one!

Difficulty Ratings

On some guides you may see some colored emojis. These are from the difficulty rating system, a way for you to quickly find the difficulty of a guide. Below is a chart of what they mean:
:green_square: - Very Easy
:yellow_square: - Easy
:orange_square: - Medium
:red_square: - Hard
:purple_square: - Very Hard

Welcome to the Forums!

That’s all the info you need to know! Now, go and make some posts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just got back online, what did I cause, I just wanted to help some people

1 Like