Creative Update

They’re trying to convince people to buy the ticket by adding features to it that are cool that a lot of people want. In other words, normal marketing strategy when it comes to subscriptions.

(Gimkit season ticket can be classified as a subscription, since it’s providing access to something for 5 dollars every few months.)

4 Likes

Eh, true, but when you’re buying the ticket, they say it’s not a subscription because your payment doesn’t continue, it’s just one ticket, then it’s your choice for the next :smile:

3 Likes

$5 a season every season cancel anytime autopay off by default subscription.

Well, when you put it that way it doesn’t seem to subscription-y lol. But my point still remains true, this is normal marketing strategy.

1 Like

Yes, sadly all companies do this. Luckily Gimkit at least understands that its target market is students (who mostly don’t have credit cards) and made it a low price.

2 Likes

Sadly?
They need money. It’s not that bad, and they have valid reasons for doing it.

4 Likes

I mean not sad they do it but that other companies do it and charge a whole lot more than GK.

2 Likes

I think that being ethical and not being super cutthroat when it comes to stuff are important goals to Josh and Jeff, and since they are the sole owners of gimkit, we get to have a super awesome platform with no ads, and it’s still able to sustain itself with use of voluntary purchases that, in the end are really cheap for the benefits they provide. That’s honestly super amazing.

Oh yeah, Josh actually looked at putting ads on gimkit (since ya know, then gimkit could be free!) and based on the blog post he made I don’t think he liked what he saw when it came to tracking people at all, so that’s a massive W for josh morals.

6 Likes

Would you want them to just give everything to everyone for free?
Then they wouldn’t have money to actually make the game. Also, these forums aren’t free, they need money, and this is just a simple way to get more people to get it.

3 Likes

Another question or idea really. Since this season (Season 3) goes into the Summer does that mean that the next season (Season 4) will also start in the Summer and continue for an extra month than normal or does it just last 2 or 3 months like normal?

I'd like to have pms

@Jobozo1875 I’ll edit this to send you a link for WON sorry I forgot.

3 Likes

IDK, but we’ll find out.

That’s true, and since this forum is very close to gimkit, they don’t want schools blocking it for being a chat room. After all, why spend money on something that could get your site blocked?

Oooo that was an epic transition to stop off topic posting I’m way to proud of myself for that one lol

That being said… if we’re not gonna talk about the new update, let’s move this conversation to a different platform!

3 Likes

If anyone replys after this I am going to start flagging people

@Jeffo I think it is time to close this topic down

1 Like

No one was replying. By saying that, you are almost encouraging more replies, especially negative ones.

1 Like

last night i had warned them but they still replyed 100 more times

I just wanted to let anyone who chatted on here today that this is just a update and that this is not a personal chatting area…I am not trying to rude I am just trying to keep everyone from getting banned, flagged, or suspended. Unless you have something important to say or have a question about what Josh said there should be no need to post anything Not Trying/Purposly being rude, just being a helpful friend to you and giving you a waring before Josh closes this or ya’ll get banned…
@Jeffo I think in any future updats you should shut down the comments

Kindest Regards,
@Claire_B

Look. We’re already causing more replies. A couple off-topic replies are fine, and they often strengthen the community. But on the other hand, policing everything doesn’t. We all need to be a little looser and care a little less and just relax.

8 Likes

I hope there will be new props and terrain that come along with the update.
Wait a minute (or two), if there are new props and stuff, does that stuff come out for everyone or only ticket hoggers holders.

4 Likes

The fact that we need to pay for the beta makes me want to dabble in the inspector

1 Like

Wow, 208 notifications for this topic. That’s crazy.

I hope josh and his team add a spring device!

2 Likes

When does this come out for non-season ticket holders?