Commands in Gimkit

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make commands in Gimkit. I was thinking that it could be something like world edit from Minecraft. it would make building big maps way easier because you could just type in one command and boom your done. Any issues that would come with this though?

BTW: I put this post in devices because there is no other category that I could think to put this in, and I heard nobody really cares about flagging anything here

1 Like

If you wanna maybe make that you should email josh.
Though I don’t think that he will make it.
edit: Commands do sound cool.
edit 2: welcome to the forums @NUBBOI!

1 Like

Thank you for your adding that commands sound cool it made me feel very good

So an issue that came up my head immediately was that you would need a way to type in commands, for example a chat. Now if you implemented a chat into the entirety of gimkit you would need a filter and a lot of other things. Even though you would just have this in gimkit creative I wouldn’t exactly see why a chat would be needed but it could work if Josh made a way to use commands.

1 Like

I think there could be a button while you were editing your map in the corner of something where you could select a command, or would that not work?

seriously though implementing commands into gkc would be cool. I wonder what we could do with it.

1 Like

Though what type of commands would you use? Could you give me ideas?

1 Like

/add terrain
/remove terrain
/createprompt (creating a prompt makes it so AI creates most of your world)

1 Like

That would actually be helpful for a quick way of removing things or maybe a command to copy a specific amount of a prop or device. Though having AI create most of your world wouldn’t be a great idea because the point of gimkit creative is for making your own ideas and debugging them, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Here comes blackhole. It’s time for a very nice reply to this. I wonder what will be said.

2 Likes

well the AI can be controlled like /createprompt 50% (maybe)

1 Like

I mean my point still stands but, it would be nice for an AI to guide you on how to make a certain aspect of your game work.

1 Like

yep, and while the rest of the world controlled by the player, maybe the AI’s side can make ideas for the other part!

1 Like

I actually starting writing a mod for something like this a while ago, I can confirm that commands could probably be a really nice addition to gimkit. Some stuff I found useful during my modmaking process were the following commands (you would select the objects you wanted to manipulate by dragging, then run the command)

/stack [up/left/down/right] [number] (copy selected props in a direction an amount of times)
/flip x                                    (flip the entire selection of props horizontally)
/flip y                                    (flip the entire selection of props vertically)
/align x                                 (align all selected to the same vertical level)
/align y                                 (align all selected to the same horizontal level)
/randomlyDistribute          (good for making forests, randomly distribute props within selection)
4 Likes

So I can confirm, this is a very good idea. With these commands, I found repetitive and boring tasks much easier to do, like making forests, or doing repetitive building, like making a castle walkway.

2 Likes

/randomlyDistribute is like my /createprompt

1 Like

Nope, not at all. Your prompt is AI generation, mine just randomly places the selected props within the selection area.

3 Likes

Ok to further elaborate, I pulled up my code and here are the functions I wrote:

Stack: copy paste selection in a direction an amount of times. You can change the spacing between copy-pastes as well.
Flip: Flip the selection across an axis
HorizontalAlign: Horizontally align selection
VerticalAlign: Vertically align selection
SpaceX: Space selection evenly across the x axis
Scale: Scale a whole selection at once! You can specify if you just want to change the distances between the objects or just only change the size
Shuffle: Shuffle the position of each prop with another prop
Random: Randomly distribute props within a selection
Rotate: Rotate a group of props.

Due to modding changes, and also my heavy schoolwork, the mod won’t be out for a while. But from what my experience using the mod has indicated, along with the one guy I sent the mod said, it’s an amazing mod, and would be a great addition to normal gimkit.

Oh, and this would probably be a good thing to suggest on gimkit’s product idea board, which can be found here.

3 Likes

You don’t necessarily need a whole chat, just a command interface.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.