Color Tiles minigame help

Been a while since I’ve been here. I’m making this Fall Guys like game where you have different minigames for each round. I’m working on a minigame called Color Tiles. Theres two teams. Each team will walk over and color tiles and that is how they score points. At the end, which team has more colored tiles wins. Any ideas on how this could work?

1 Like

It might involve something with a counter for each team, let me see if I can make something…

(This would be so much easier if you could set zones so that it only reacts when a player from a team enters it not all players ugh) Lol :frowning: :laughing:

Each team has a property showing the amount of tiles. I can say this: YOU NEED TWO PROPERTIES

I’m still struggling with:

• Finding a efficient way to show that the tile has been colored or not (barriers, text?)
  • Checking if the tile has been colored or not (cause everytime someone scores a tile that has been colored, it subtracts 1 to the other team and adds one to the triggering player team)
  1. Text emjios
  2. triggers

Text emoji for 1st one
Trying to figure out the other two

1 Like

Thanks. Now we know the devices we need, how do we make it work?

I have no idea. You can use a checker to see if a tile is taken by a team, but then you would need a checker for each tile. So, there is probably a block code way to do it.

Well, I’m still figuring that out.

I might have figured out part of it:

Team 1:
Basically you place a trigger on every “block” then put “When triggered transmit on” - Update Team 1, make it so it isn’t visible in game, The allowed team should be team 1, Trigger by player collision-yes, active scope- team. Then place a counter and property for team 1 and make the counter: Increment counter when receiving on - Update team 1, Decrement counter when receiving on -Update team 2 (we will get to that later) , count scope- team, Update property- yes, property to update - team 1. (We will get to that next)
Property for team 1: Property name-team 1, Property type number, property scope- team.

Team 2:
Triggers everywhere (on top on team 1s triggers) Trigger: Same thing as team one’s but make the channel when triggered transmit on - Update team 2, and the allowed team should be team 2
Team 2’s counter: Increment counter when receiving on- Update team 2, decrement counter when receiving on - Update team 1, the rest is basically the same except make the property to update- team 2.
Property: Property name - team 2, property type - number, property scope- team.

This is a work in progress as I haven’t figured it all out yet, but please tell me if there is anything wrong with my work.

2 Likes

Thanks, I never thought of that! I still need to figure out how to check if the tile has been colored or not though…

Yeah, I’m also trying to.

This is definitely possible, but I don’t have time right now to develop it (though I know exactly how it will work).

There’s a limit to how big of an area each tile can take.
You can use a trigger on each tile as @Crimson_Knight said as walk detection.

Next step, you have a property called TeamOn. Whenever you assign teams (whether using psuedo-teams or a trigger on a spawnpoint for each specific team), a block sets the players team (the scope is global).

When a player walks over said trigger, then code checks what team the player is on and colors the tile the team-color.

Checking who wins:
You have a property called whatever you’d like (Board, Tiles, Etc).
This property has as many E’s as tiles as a default (text property).
When a square changes color, it changes the corresponding letter of the property to whatever symbol represents said team, such as a R for red or B for blue as an example (slightly complex block code, but not too bad).

At the end of the game/round, you can loop through each letter of the property using recursion, and counting how many tiles are each symbol (R/B/whatever), and that allows tallying.

2 Likes

I don’t even know if @jjnitzan solved your problem but I figured out a way so you can have different colors to show what team has what block:

(For this example team 1 will be the red team and team 2 will be the blue team)
Text settings ( The same for all 3 colors except for the text which will be different colored boxes): Size - 100 (So it will cover around the same area as the triggers)

Basically using you connect each of the “Update team 1 triggers” to a red text box.
Make sure that each trigger is connected to a different box than the rest (so for example if you had a 4x4 box with 16 triggers in it you would need 16 boxes as well)
Use this to copy different colored text boxes:⬜ White Large Square Emoji — Meanings & Usage
Then for every wire do: Triggered - Show text,
Next connect all the “Update team 2 tiggers” to the red boxes but make the wire: Triggered - Hide text. (Also must be connected to different boxes then each other, basically two triggers will be connected to 1 box, a Team 1 trigger and a Team 2 trigger)
Then do the same thing for blue boxes except flip it so Team 2 wires will look like this:
Triggered - Show text. And Team 1 wires will look like this: Triggered - Hide text.

Same thing as before tell me if there is something wrong with this, and also @EggNoodle what else do you need? (A way to end the game, a timer, or what?)

1 Like

@EggNoodle how much time do you want the round to last before the players are teleported back to the lobby?

2-3 minutes at most.

How many tiles are there, and in what shape/grid size?

I have an idea, but it would take a lot of memory (maybe), or I can try to find an alternate solution.

I mean if you want the players to be teleported back to the lobby where they chose a game or whatever after a certain period of time then:

Timer

Put a counter and a repeater down.
Counter: Starting value: 120 (Or however many seconds you want the round to last) Target number: 0, Decrement when receiving on - “minus”
Repeater: Start repeater when receiving on - start, When task occurs transmit on - Minus, Task interval - 1.0, stop strategy - when receiving on a channel.
Wire the Counter to the repeater: Target value reached - Stop repeater.
Then place down a lifecycle in it’s default settings and make: When event occurs transmit on - Start.
Wire the Counter to a teleporter: Target value reached -teleport player to target
Teleporter: Group this belongs to - Lobby, visible in game- no.
Place down a teleporter in the lobby, with the same settings.
Thanks to @Blizzy for her guide that was important in this.

P.S You might be able to just use 1 teleporter (the one in the lobby) just put in Teleport her when receiving on - “Counter target reached” you would just have to delete the other teleporter and the wire connecting it to the counter, then in the “Target” section put: When target reached transmit on - “counter target reached”.

Also if that isn’t what you want then I’m confused (Since I have never played fall guys before) if a team wins what do you want to happen, do you want the team to get a point for winning, the entire game to end or what???

1 Like

This is just for the color tiles, and might take a chunk of memory (I think about 0.5% per tile?).

You will need triggers for every tile, a text device for every row of tiles, and one property (assuming players are already placed on different teams).

Property settings:

You will need one :white_square_button: for every tile.

For the triggers, make them invisible and have these blocks:

NOTE: This is for a two-team setup. If you want to add more, add them to the IF block and use colors besides black and white.

For every tile, change the number variable. The one in the top-right corner should be 1, the one to the right should be 2, etc. until you get to the bottom-left corner.

Lastly, for the text devices, set their size so that one of :white_square_button: emojis are approx. the size of a trigger, and add these blocks:

The first device should go from 1 to [amount of tiles in a row*2], the next should be the previous number + 1 to 2*[amount of tiles in a row*2], so on.

After that, make sure you place them correctly. Each trigger should be aligned with each emoji in the text devices. The setup should work perfectly (except for score, for now):

I hope I helped, of course you’ll probably need score but I have to go so hopefully someone else can help you with that.

1 Like

Oh yea @jjnitzan talked about recursion to loop, you can also do that with this by using recursion to check for :red_square: or :blue_square: , then removing them and checking again.