Can properties be bigger than their character limit in game?

Oh wow- I didn’t realize you could do this
@FusionLord this is what you’re looking for, ignore what I said, as it is unnecessarily complex.

2 Likes

That’s not what I mean - also the max in making - game is 512 - I just checked @teapot.

currently in study hall lol, but I think all these are good answeres

I was replying to gimkit101

You can use the “create text with” function to bypass it, this is either an oversight by gimkit or just a niche feature.

1 Like

It’s absolutely an oversight… but I don’t think there’s any need to file a bug report anytime soon :slight_smile:

gimkit101

people were being off-topic despite several reminders
padlets are in bio

1 Like

Wait then how would you convert the text to a number?

You can use an “interpreter” to see if letter = letter, then use the create text function to create text with a “translated” property and the number it corresponds to. (horribly inefficient but it gets it done)

1 Like

You can convert text to a number by putting it into a text property and then multiplying by 1. It has to be a property though cause it won’t let you multiply a string. I learned this from @Blackhole927

1 Like

Okay - I’ll see what I can do. Just don’t expect something so soon.

You can use a variable to multiply instead of using a whole property, too.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure if this belongs in the clay-institute section… What do you think Blackhole? This seems more of a normal mechanic/bug…

While I’m doing this, I’m gonna test just how far you can break this with encoding lol.

1 Like

You can use create text to increase it even more.

Oh this was already mentioned

Technically, properties can have an infinite amount of characters, though it might cause a ungodly amount of lag.

If you have a Fibonacci number generator without a manual stopping point, it only grows. I don’t think that it stops. I’ll test this.

1 Like

It’s not clay institute

yeah that’s what I figured lol.