Can I create a system where the host picks the winner

Can I make a system in platformer in which the host picks the winning team?

1 Like

Yeah, i suppose that the host would tag a player on the winning team.

1 Like

Yes, it’s not actually that hard but what do you mean by “winner”?

1 Like

life cycle. Then you can put buttons that activate representing the player. Use player ID

btw life cycle on game start

2 Likes

Do you have a team V.S. team or free for all?

Do you have a specific number of players?

You can do something like the host tags the winner while every player is frozen on the map, and then use text and block code to show it! You can also use a pop-up, notification, etc!

Or, you could freeze every player and then have the host knock out the winner. It wouldn’t be that hard, just use a lifecycle, speed modifier, and a item granter!

If you have two teams, here are some instructions:

What you need

What you need is a spawn pad, trigger, game overlay, and property.

Spawn Pad

Change the settings to the spawn pad to “Game Host” for the allowed player type.

Trigger

Wire the trigger to the Game Overlay using the screenshot below.

Game Overlay

Set the Overlay type to button, and have the text say whatever you want, I’m going to put “Pick Who Wins”. Now go to the Scope section, and change it to player scope.
CHANGE VISIBLE TO GAME START OFF

[Nvm someone beat me to it :frowning: ]

1 Like

This will allow a player to select a team and broadcast on their behalf. To give this to the host just open the pop-up for them. You can use the channels to determine how that team wins.

• Property

current team(left)

number of teams(right)

Blocks

Blocks

• Lifecycle

Wires

Left 3
This must be copied for as many teams as you will have. More is fine, less is fatal.

Right

2 Likes

thats really good, but next time please use the dropdown system

Like so

to not take up as much room… not hating it must have taken a while to get all those images…just a word of advice.

before I try all this out, since it might take me a while, does this actually work? (not trying to be rude)

It brings up a pop-up with a team and a next and winner buttons by hitting next it will cycle through the teams and by hitting winner, It will broadcast on behalf of that team.