Can anyone help me figure out what this comment means?

I’ll just wait until a couple more people viewed in case anyone knows, but thanks.

1 Like

Lifecycle (All) > triggerloop > Checker (Checks fish)
Check passed > Broadcast on channel X
“Remove the item on channel X”? I guess item granter with item value set to -1, grant item when broadcasted on X.
“have every location you want the player to teleport to have a teleporter that teleports to on channel X.” No idea.

1 Like

Oh. “have every location you want the player to teleport to have a teleporter that teleports to on channel X” Place each teleporter in each place you want the player to teleport to, with “Teleport when receiving on X”. This makes the teleports random, I think.

Also, to prevent this from happening again, I suggest you keep the topic open until you fully figure it out.

3 Likes

@EggNoodle What is a trigger loop (I’m new sorry!) And, how can you set a lifecycle to all? Do you mean Lifecycle Game Start?

1 Like

Thank you, but I didn’t choose to close the topic. It closed by itself.

1 Like

It’s because you marked a solution.
Trigger loops:

2 Likes

the thing that @ClicClac said just said “ClicClac:” thats all it said

1 Like

okay, so let me see if i got this right.

it’s saying that for the teleportation system in your game, you can use an item granter to grant a fish item. then you should add a lifecycle, which would trigger a relay that runs in a triggerloop. this triggerloop will check if the player has the fish item, and if that condition is met, a message will be sent out on channel X. then you can place down teleporters in different locations, each with “teleport on channel X”, to make them randomly teleport the player.

2 Likes

Wait, so am I just saying highly condensed device systems that no one can understand? Noted.

2 Likes

Wow, nice job! In this case, I think my job is done!

3 Likes

(btw sorry if i sounded passive aggressive in my last comment, i didn’t mean to) and yes, i think you are basically just saying super condensed device systems in a way that doesn’t have enough explanation. so i’d advise just explaining your advice in more detail so that people can better understand it.

2 Likes

No, I am just not as smart as coding, and I am very new to Gimkit Creative.

2 Likes

It’s not @ClicClac’s fault. They were just trying to help, and I couldn’t understand because I am very new to Gimkit Creative.

3 Likes

to add on to that, maybe you could like explain what each system does while making them up?

(also do you remember the platforming topic you made)

1 Like

Okay, How do I make it so you can choose when to use the fish/the powers of the fish? Like, there could be a thing in the corner that says: Use Galaxy Fish, and then it would do the teleporting?

1 Like

hmm that’s a good question. i think u could make it so that u can use the fish by doing something like this: have a trigger that listens to when the player presses a specific key or something (like Z, for example) and then when the trigger is activated, it will trigger a “Use Galaxy Fish” function. and then that function could be programmed to do the teleporting (using something like a global variable to dictate who has the fish already).

2 Likes

yeah sure, i’ll try my best to explain the systems better next time. and yeah, i remember the platforming topic i made, do u have any questions abt it?

1 Like

that’s not possible as of now

there is no “use galaxy fish” function ;-;

1 Like

That sounds like block coding… Could you show me a picture or explain? (Super sorry!)

1 Like

oh that’s a bit unfortunate, but yeah there’s no way to do any of that stuff as of now. but maybe in the future, they could add more capabilities to scripting, so we can make our gameplay more unique and complex (also i think i remember there being a “trigger key” feature when i experimented with scripting a while back, but iirc ur right that there’s no “use galaxy fish” feature)

1 Like