Some insane level of code that your mind can’t comprehend :exploding_head:
Or just random stuff.

@GimSolver
Basically it is a barrier
That is a rectangle
The border is on
Collision is enabled
It is the default color

Those are the options that are sent to the server when a property is placed.

1 Like

Sorry I had to do some homework and then go to bed lol. I think I have a working prototype for placing an object, but I’m figuring out some specifics.

1 Like

I think I figured out how to send the request to the websocket. I’m using the websockets module in Python to directly send data. I can edit the barrier however, encode it, then send it.

what are you using to place the object?

Placing an object in Gimkit is really sending a request to the server to place an object. The goal here is to replicate that request.

Oh, I only have this “Python Shell” extension, idk if it would be possible for me :frowning:

:person_shrugging:
This is pretty off topic… if you want to talk more about modding, join the gimhook discord server.

2 Likes

do you have a link to that?

(sorry for being off-topic btw)

I don’t have discord rip.

But yeah, you have a point. I might just make a wiki for discussing modding? I think that would be following the guidelines on modding. (discussing the theory, not putting code for the world to use)

Yea, we could do that instead of using this topic

Modding would be off topic for the forums, and from what I know, the gimkit team don’t really like the internals of gimkit being discussed super publicly so…

idk lol

1 Like

topz moment

man bitwise operations really got researched recently

2 Likes

maybe we could use a padlet or smth idk

lol

I could make a link only google doc?

maybe ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’ll put it in my bio lol.

Welp, I just doxxed myself. Forgot I was on my school account :confused:
So yeah… no google doc. Can you see if you can get discord?