Bitwise operations in gimkit

I cant delete it! I have to wait a minute

1 Like

If you don’t know what a loop is, you probably don’t have enough coding knowledge to solve this problem.
A loop is some code that repeats over and over again.

I know what a loop is but what does this have to do with bitwise operations

Stop deleting your posts. It just makes it annoying to read back this conversation.

3 Likes

When computing a bitwise operation, you compare each number digit by digit, which is done with a loop. Although this can be done in gimkit, for my purposes it is too slow of a solution.

1 Like

So you do not want a loop and this is time consuming as I hear?

What are your purposes?

Time consuming to run, yes. The loop runs very slowly, which is not what I want. So I’m looking for a loop-less solution.

What are you trying to make?

A text display more powerful than the one on my graphing calculator, or the one in apoll02’s platformer

1 Like

Oh dang! This is complex! I love complex coding!

Something I should also mention- the addition of text operations would also solve this, in a much simpler way, without any low-level math required.

My battery on my computer is almost dead, so I’m getting off. I’ll be on tommorrow.

Am I the only one on the forum?

Nobody else seems to be on…
I guess it is 1 am…

It’s 1AM pst rn and I suggest not to go off-topic. as it disrupts convo and has nothing to do with the conversation.

Bh do you remember this?

1 Like

Yeah. It works for my situation, but it’s not a general solution, which is why I’ve left the topic open.

5 Likes

I mentioned this last night but I’ll bring it up again- bitwise operations are only useful because they make storing large amounts of data in properties easier.

Text operations would do the same thing, but in a much simpler way. Josh already denied bitwise operations, so the next step is to get him to add text operations.

3 Likes

I have an idea (very vague and probably doesn’t work): we multiply the number by some constant and look at how a few digits change. This can then give us a mathematical way to not use loops to make bitwise operations. Again, very vague and probably won’t work.

1 Like