Bitwise operations in gimkit

Simple proof it’s impossible:

• Computers are built to work with bits, and compare it natively (it compares the physical bits).
  • This question is basically asking how to compare bits using algebra. Algebra doesn’t work with binary representations.
  • Bitwise operations are literally are not designed for anything other then use with binary bits (which you can’t do in gimkit creative).

The only way to do it in gimkit is recursion (which has alot of lag).

For anyone new seeing this topic, string operations solves the problem in general, and this post is now just asking if such math exists to solve it without looping (which does not).

7 Likes

@Blackhole927 Can you summarize the last 800 posts? I don’t want to read them all. I also want to confirm if the original post is still accurate with the info.

It would take an hour or two to read them all…

2 Likes

Half of them are discussing why he wants them and a workaround for that purpose. The other half is people saying that it’s really hard and that they don’t understand it.

7 Likes

I am content with one half, and I just shake my head at the other…

What recursion loops we talking about?
(Recursion loops are vague to me, and I don’t know what the rest is)

2 Likes

It’s not impossible
Look at this @jjnitzan

1 Like

:skull: You can prove that things aren’t impossible, you know. You need to think about it first. The post by bh says that most things in gkc aren’t impossible, emphasizing most.

5 Likes

I didn’t understand the post. But what do you mean?

oop
Well that’s sad, a legend’s question is probably impossible.

2 Likes

…Blackhole isn’t wrong in that post…

However saying nearly nothing is impossible in gimkit is way different from something that literally is impossible mathmatically.

It’s the same as you saying it’s impossible for this equation to be true: 1 + 1 = 3,
and me replying with that nothing is impossible. If you truly believe it’s doable, prove it.

Also this post has become not really related to gimkit anymore and more a discussion about math. Blackhole you should either lock or resolve it at this point.

6 Likes

I dunno if you know what he means, like who is trying to prove 1+1=3???

3 Likes

I sometimes do that when i am writing a script. But other than that no one.

3 Likes

That’s my point lol. You quite literally cannot do bitwise operations with just algrebra, and them saying “nothing is impossible” is the exact same thing. I just used 1 + 1 = 3 to make it absolutely clear what I mean. Nobody would challenge it because everyone knows 1 + 1 != 3. It’s the same with bitwise (I finally learned it while bored lol), just it’s more advanced math.

6 Likes

Am I missing something here? 1 + 1 = 3?
Pretty sure that’s not how math works…

2 Likes

Your Comment is the best thing Ive seen in awhile XD

but truthfully with true research 1+1 can equal 3
its based on what type of math you would use

4 Likes

Uh I think he meant that everybody knew it’s wrong.

3 Likes

In no type of math would 1+1 ever equal 3.

2 Likes

correct actually
its just a wierd thing,

2 Likes

That’s in the context of people working together, not actual math.

6 Likes

“It is common notion that synergy arithmetic has no meaning mathematically.”

8 Likes

Not sure if that’s true or not.

2 Likes