An efficient ranking system for racing?

I made a Mario Kart-like game a while ago, and I am thinking of making a ranking system. My current idea is to have a bunch of zones connected to counters, however this would either be very resource-heavy or mean your placement might not update immediately, which would also affect items, or both. Would there be a more efficient way to do this?

Edit: The tracks are too bendy for me to be able to use the coordinates device efficiently (I think).

Edit 2: Yep, this method is too resource heavy. I can’t use it due to the property limit.

zones every 2 tiles, instead of every tile maybe? cut down on precision, but it’s gonna be difficult getting help here lol, you might wanna try the discord too (if you have it)

1 Like

That’s actually a very good idea, considering I could use a channel for the zone exit as well. I think my tracks might be short enough that this would be very efficient.

1 Like

You should probably have all of the items placed down stored in a text property. Use this and the new player coordinate device to see if somebody goes over a banana or something.

1 Like

I’m not worried about the items yet, I just wanted to get the placement system out of the way.

I don’t get what you mean by placement system. Do you mean placing items down?

I mean a ranking system, like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Oh! That makes much more sense lol. I suggest you use lasers to detect if a player has passed a corner, rather than a zone.

2 Likes

I just realized that this message was answering a misinterpreted version of my question, but it still works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.