What is a wip? 😄

Work In Progress. On the forums, it usually means a guide that hasn’t been finished yet.

2 Likes

I wish I could have seen this sooner…

I just learned what a wip is, as of a few days ago. I had no idea for a loong time.

2 Likes

ok [1]

1. soo my guide is a wip? ↩︎

It’s encouraged to not post wips because users rarely finish them, and the editing time usually expires before people can finish them.

4 Likes

what happens if they run out of time?

Then you can’t edit it anymore.

1 Like

so do they flag the guide or no it just is there unfnished

Depends, if the guide is just like 2 sentences it’ll probably be flagged, ir maybe moved to devices and renamed, or ask mods to close if the chat gets filled up, or guide finished in comments or something id the poster is smart, etc

2 Likes

I hate WIP guides.

Like dude- FINISH IT FIRST

2 Likes

work in progress.

1 Like

dude, take here-to-help’s monopoly thingy, it’s not finished 4 a good reason (idk rly if it’s still wip i just got unsuspended) also i dont wanna go off-topic

1 Like

A wip is like a shorter version of work in progress. It’s a guide that’s still being worked on and isn’t finished yet.

(According to forums)

1 Like

Hey, OP? Mark a solution. There’s been multiple replies explaining what a WIP is, so I think we should let this close. Thanks
:slight_smile:

It won’t close until a solution is marked or a staff member(admin or mod) manually closes it. So please mark the first reply saying work in progress as they responded first.

2 Likes

yeah, I phrased it strangely
here’s what I meant:
Solution so topic can close

I’m bad at grammering lol

Understood, my grammar is pretty bad too. So no worries :wink:

2 Likes

couldn’t you have just searched it on google?

btw, I heavily despise WIP guides. You may run out of editing time and it will end up unfinished, and you could just write it on a google doc if you don’t like the forum editor.

1 Like

I think @adagio_sostenuto has the idea on what “wip” means and why it’s best to avoid wip guides. So unless if you have anything important to add to the main topic, please refrain from making a reply. Alright?

1 Like

guys, what does creator block mean?

1 Like