Tiny RPG questions

Help post #9200 is a bit of a doozy.

• I would like to have help making good puzzles that you can only solve once you get the answer from later in the game, forcing you to backtrack in time to talk to the person again to get the golden ending.
  • This is going to sound cliche, but I need like three people to make the game more lifelike. Remember that help post a while ago with detailed instructions on your request if you wanted a character in the game? Format the post like that.
  • This might have to fall on me, but I need a loose plot that can handle about 10-20 different events.
    Thanks!

HUH? Can you put this into multiple bullet points?
Also can someone suggest bullet as a block word?

I don’t know if this works but “loose plot”:

Guy01 k*lls Guy02 because Guy1 is psycho
but Guy01 is freed because Guy2’s family wanted Guy2 dead so they break Guy1 out of jail,
now Guy1 is coming after Guy2’s family because he is psycho!

I could make the post a wiki and YOU could add bullet points! [1]

1. I’m on Apple Watch right now, so I can’t format. ↩︎

Eh, that’s a lot bit violent. Maybe something exploration based would fit better?

1 Like

Do we post our character here or edit it right into the wiki?

why would bullet be a blocked word…

consprcy:

The gimkit team is actually aligned with the ban speedrunners because they blocked words like “k*ll” but they didn’t (at first) block extremely explicit words, making it the ban speedrunners able to curse in posts…

^^ they probably just forgot, but its fun to think about… lol

Not onto the wiki, I’ll probably do that tomorrow myself.

1 Like

? #9200???

1 Like

This is the 9200th help post. Simple.

1 Like

ok… then uhh Guy1 is trapped in pyramid, and needs a code, everyone else complete mini (or not so mini) quests to get 4 different digits, then they enter the digits and save Guy1, but to make sure people don’t just use the same digets as last game, use a random number generator to set the digits each time!

1 Like

Interesting! Do you have any gameplay ideas?

Loop 1:
Event 1 - Main Character (MC) witness a tragic event in his life.
Event 2 - He goes on a journey to find a Magical person that grants him the power of time travel.
Event 3 - He is too weak in his new ability to go back and fix the tragic event so he does research to find a way to increase his power with an ancient artifact.
Event 4 - He has to solve 4 or 5 puzzles to obtain the artifact.
Event 5 - He time travels back too late and can’t fix the event.

Loop 2:
Event 2 - He immediately finds the Magical person that grants him the power of time travel.
Event 3 - He is too weak in his new ability to go back and fix the tragic event so he goes to increase his power with an ancient artifact.
Event 4 - He has to solve 3 puzzles that unlocks a secret fourth
Event 5 - The 4th is an impossible puzzle and he loses and can’t get the artifact
Event 6 - He can’t time travel and can’t fix the event.
Event 7 - He learns the answer to the fourth puzzle.

Loop 4:
Event 2 - He immediately finds the Magical person that grants him the power of time travel.
Event 3 - He is too weak in his new ability to go back and fix the tragic event so he goes to increase his power with an ancient artifact.
Event 4 - He has to solve 3 puzzles that unlocks a secret fourth because he solved it quicker this time
Event 5 - He can now solve the 4th one quickly and is sent back in time

Loop 5:
Event 1 - Solves 3 puzzles to avoid the tragic event

Sorry if it isn’t that good. It bases off of a loop that resets every time he fails. He keep all his memories so he can solve everything quicker and avoid the tragic event.

3 Likes

Maybe a amulet that allows you to change speeds, meaning that you can jump across once unreachable gaps. Maybe also bridges that activate once you find keys later in the level, maybe one of those puzzles where you have to open 3-5 gates, but each button deactivates some and activates others, however one button is missing, meaning you have to find the missing button to complete the puzzle. Another puzzle is that you have to go through seemly identical rooms, each with very tiny differences. You have to find the difference in each room, which will result in some sort of code to unlock the next door.

In terms of plot, perhaps there was a cataclysm that happened many years back, and tainted the area with dark energy. Only beacons of light can purge the darkness, however you do not know how to use or make them yet…

Character: “Ignotus”
A gim who seems very knowledgeable of the cataclysm and the void energy that infuses this area. Although they do not directly say it, they seem to have been here at the time of the catcaclysm. They often are gazing at the stars, and do not talk much about their past. Ignotus is often found in darker places, and does not speak unless you try to speak to them multiple times. Perhaps a ozi gim or a detective baka.

If you have seen my replies to any of the Create a Character Help sections you may have seen that I always do a Captain Buck who offers bananas. Well, it is now time for this gag-like character to get some LOOOOOOOOORE.

Name: Barthen
Type of NPC: Friendly; Captain Buck; Old
Description: A man who travels the multiverse to got between his shops across all universes.
Creating in game: In every rest stop in every town in your game there you will find Barthen. He owns shops everywhere. In his shops are up to 8 vending machines that offer whatever you want them too, however, everything in his shop costs $500 and has the Banana as the image on it and the description is Bananananananananananana.
Talking: He tend to call people young’uns.
Example: Hey there young’un! I got some bananas in stock today! Whatcha up too, young’un?

I am not a regular, at least not anymore :(

This is good! I was thinking of making a game where to get the best ending, you would have to go back, but this is still really good!

1 Like

Oh i didn’t knoww it was a wiki.

What? :skull:

I am guyt6517
what happened to guyt6516?

1 Like