The Ultimate School Guide [WIP]

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS WITHOUT PERMISSION

Introduction

Some people here are teachers, and some people here just want to make a School game! Well, I can help you with that! In this guide I will be explaining making a Schedule, Classrooms, Questions, Lunch, and everything related to school! Of course, I will be using guides already made!

Guide

The Actual School

You should have tons of hallways, and classrooms, and other things. An example:
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 10.44.06 AM

That is one of my classrooms, and you should be sure to include everything a regular classroom has. You can probably use a real classroom from your school to make your GimClassrooms.

The Start of School

You should probably have some type of message, explaining what you’re are supposed to do…

School maps can be made by just making a room with terrain that represents the classrooms. You probably need to finish your actual school before making the map.

Making the Schedule

If you want the schedule to be the same every time, you can do that. If not, just make it so that every time you enter the school, you get a different schedule. To choose your schedule at game start, make a Game OverlayPopup, and put this in the popup’s blocks:

You can have however many different possibilities as you want. I chose to do only five. You could also base the schedule off real life schedules. Make sure to make Lunch always be the same time! And you can have as many periods as you want!

Teachers
Lunch Break
Going "Home"

For your house, you can use these two guides:
How to build a house you can walk into
How to build a house you can walk into Ch 2

Going BACK TO SCHOOL

Make sure to have a teleporter in School that teleports you there on “SchoolTime”. Then, at HOME, you can have any procedures you want, like getting ready for breakfast, brushing your teeth, getting onto the school bus, etc.

Subjects

Leo_Flowers guide to creating different school subject rooms! [wip]
Credits to @leo_flowers

Conclusion

11 Likes

oh cool, maybe make the school design? (ow my head…)

3 Likes

Ah maybe If I see more guides like this I won’t quit any way this is a good idea and I can’t wait to see the final product

1 Like

You can use this guide for the house on the “going home” section.

1 Like

Eeep…school. Nice guide with nothing in it…

4 Likes

Haha. Don’t worry, I’m making my own map right now.

4 Likes

is this normal? I was looking at it pushed the “Hide Details” Button and then saw this,

1 Like

It is a WIP (work in progress)

2 Likes

It means there is nothing written.

1 Like

ok! thought it was like a glitch! :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes

when is it going to be done?

1 Like

Whenever all the sections have been filled out…

3 Likes

I’m making my own map right now, when I finish it, I’ll be adding how to make everything onto there.

2 Likes

I finished the first three, though.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the actual School have a school?

It’s the INSIDE of the school

2 Likes

You know, using lists, you can assign schedules in a different way…

1 Like

Nice Guide!

Also quick question, @Blizzy, I saw you post

Now I am really wondering… I know DOD is your Deadly Organization of Dragons but what is FOW and who is the leader?

to work on the teachers, maybe add sentrys with a pole shaded white to act as chalk, and there is a randomizer based on the period randomizer, and there is a chalkboard the sentry is pointing to. you then get homework assignment depending on the part you choose.

For @Blizzy

Can I help make the guide? i think I could do well.

Thanks!

FAW is Foxes and Wolves. I don’t know their leader, but it’s bigger than WOW

Caternaught

@Caternaught
Um… Sorry, but I kinda want to do it by myself. You can show me how you do it, and I’ll include your way if you want.

2 Likes