The Pythagorean Theorem in GKC! đŸŸ©

nice guide. good for math. good for easy.
what’s so bad about slope intercept form. y coord = (slope)(x coord) + (y intercept).
slope = change in y over change in x

3 Likes

ok but why

why gimkit

why not like scratch or something

i appreciate the pythagorean despite it being overglazed overused and overestimated (ok i sounded like a nerd there SOWWY) but this guide is like

it sounds like you made it just because u wanted to do math in gimkit which is OKAY i guess, but

idrk man

@raeB hi

7 Likes

I mean, but why not?

2 Likes

grrr Why you ping me??? But yeah, it’s true, the Pythagorean theorem in Gimkit would probably not be useful. Trigonometric ratios are much more useful, I would say.

3 Likes

IMO it’s just hard to make any practical math guide in gimkit. GIMKIT is not going to be your go-to calculator for the pythagorean theorem, it’s going to be something like desmos that you use as your calculator. Math coding projects like this usually don’t make for good guides. BUT, you could rebrand this as like a block code lesson about returning computed values in gimkit.

4 Likes

How To Make an Exponential Graphing Calculator! Difficulty 9.5/10 or :red_square:
says the one that made a calculator/j

1 Like

It’s a stupid guide and I’m kinda sad that it didn’t get deleted in the guide purge because I wasn’t planning on finishing it in the near future

2 Likes

holy guacamole, I wish I showed this to my IM1 teacher last year, he loved the pythagorean theorem.

Gosh I can I not completely butcher it for once

2 Likes

This leads me to my CRAZY idea that won’t ever be added: A MATH category! It’s for math help. It’s never going to be added for many reasons - like the fact that it’s almost completely unnecessary. BUT IT WOULD BE COOL. Very cool. I know Blackhole927 would want it, BUT he doesn’t have the power as a moderator to create a new category, and he doesn’t have the permissions as a moderator to create a new category.

and BH made a math help topic once

2 Likes

yeah
 speaking of
 I’ma keep that a secret, it isnt for the forums tho

1 Like

Mathematic topics would be awesome
I really need helps on the basic addition
what is 1 + 5

11 Likes

6 Likes

thanks
guys math is so much fun

12 Likes

what the gimkit notyoyo how long did it take you to write that?

@NotYoyo every time I look at your post you edit it :skull:

Anyway nice guide!

6 Likes

Like 30 minutes, on a google doc

1 Like

okay what are yall doing in creative bruh :skull:

4 Likes

the creative scene is basically dead at this point
maybe top z will save us

3 Likes

bump

1 Like

I have heard about the Pythagorean Theorem, but I can’t quite get my head wrapped around it.

1 Like

then search it up, it is quite simple.

1 Like