The not so quick guide on lobbies

There are a lot of help posts on ideas for a lobby. So, I thought, I’ll make a guide on it! These will be the parts of this guide:

The basics

For a good lobby, I would recommend making it a pre-game lobby, not a in-game lobby. If you are using a pre-game lobby, don’t add functions or wires. (Unless for decor) You can’t press a button or trigger pre-game. You can add sentries though, as they won’t attack you, and they don’t have a weapon pre-game either. Also, don’t add too many things, because you don’t want most of your memory to be the lobby.

The walls and spawn

First off, you want a text explaining where you are, like: " Welcome to ______!" or maybe this: " please wait for the host to start the game, ________" After you did that, it will be time to decorate! I think it looks better with a wall surrounding the spawn point, leaving a 3 x 3 empty space to spawn.
Screenshot 2023-12-08 3.44.17 PM
Now, place a larger space around it, this will be the walls of your lobby.

Sorry, the spawn room looks like a 2 x 3 square.
Now, place the spawn pad, set it so it only spawns players in pre-game, remember, you can see the spawn pad if the lobby is set in pre-game. Now, you have to decorate the place.

The decor

Okay, we have a empty space with nothing in it, we have to decorate the place. First, we have to add floors, if you didn’t already. I would recommend using boardwalk or lab floor. Also, this looks so much better if you use layers.

Now, add props that fit with the theme of your game, a game set in the future would have space beds and rovers. A game set in medieval times would use a lot of the new medieval props. You get the point. I’ll show you a medival lobby example:

DONE! I hope you enjoyed my guide and it helps you. (P.S: I forgot the spawn pad and i’m too lazy to delete all the photos just to add the spawn pad) I know I have a lot of idea guides, but i’m trying to find new guide ideas all the time! I can’t think of a tag though, because it’s not a idea catalog guide, nor a idea guide. If you can think of a tag, let me know in the replies.

5 Likes

Nice guide!

1 Like

Thanks @Aubec7!

“Outstanding” - Bob Ross

“Nice” - @TaigaBiome

1 Like

Great Job!

1 Like

Thank you @TaigaBiome and @gerk_supreme!

Oooh…this is cool!!

1 Like

Nice guide, @gimmaster12345!

1 Like

Thanks @The_7th_Dragon and @Blizzy!

2 Likes

Nice guide! Since here aren’t very much guides on how to make advanced lobbies this will help others a lot!

1 Like

sad things:

1. I’m the only person who liked this yet there are 6 replies of nice guide
  2. only 10 replies and literally only on the day this was posted

other things

1. sometimes guides don’t need tags
  2. BUMP
1 Like

well, likes dont matter (why does everyone think that?), it’s about if it’s helpful.

2 Likes

Just because likes don’t matter doesn’t mean that people don’t want likes. You only really start to feel their emptiness when you have as many likes as you or me.

very very true

likes reply

actually, thats a bad idea

removes like

cool guide!
bump

2 Likes

I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS LOLOLLOLOLLOL
But yeah ty for the guide, Wicker-Gim is one step closer to being done!!

1 Like