Stationary Projectiles

I don’t know how exactly this happened, but I was doing one of my games, and while playtesting, I found a stationary evil eye projectile. When I walked into the projectile, I took damage. I have a couple guesses on how this happened, but I just think it is quite interesting.

5 Likes

Did your screen freeze or did you have a high speed and walked into it?

Find a way to recreate it, could be a fun glitch.

1 Like

agreed

yea im trying to do it

I think 4.00 is max speed

1 Like

ok i tested it and it didnt work
i dont think you can hit yourself with your own projectiles
(even tried with quantum portal)

It was a sentry projectile.

That was frozen in place.

Oh ok

What do you mean by “illegal device system”

Because it uses properties with checkers and waypoints, the most broken combination.

2 Likes

If you can replicate this…

1 Like

I’ve tried replicating this, but instead, found two more bugs

1. if you put a zone that deactivates gadget fire, add two buttons, with them activating and deactivating the zone, after you put a sentry in the zone, then activate the zone, then you deactivate the zone, the sentry still wont fire
  2. if you put a barrier that is inactive on start, then add a button that activates it, then when a bullet passes into the barrier area, activate the button, the bullet will continue to pass through despite the barrier “blocking” bullets
3 Likes

Nice finds! However, I think I can (possibly) describe what is going on.

1. This one is quite cool. Just go to #2
  2. I think this is because barriers work from the outside in, not the inside out. For example, I once accidentally had my teleporter inside the safe zone of the flag, which is a barrier (essentially). You can move within and exit, but once you exit you cannot enter again. So I think the barrier is working from the outside in, so the bullets are not affected whilst in the barrier.
1 Like
  1. Sentries can’t update. They only keep track of health.

I thought about that, but I doubted myself.

Don’t doubt yourself (other people, just not yourself.)
Think of the ways a teleporting sentry behaves.

1 Like

OH! I FORGOT!
I can move around inside barriers when I teleport there. The boundary is the only thing that ‘blocks’ anything.

Kinda what I said when I was talking about the flag.