Space in Item Search

Yeah. I think that it’s because there’s dropdown instead of a true text input. You can see because of the arrow on the right of the input box.

1 Like

but thats channels, not a item. My guess is it is a implemented thing because all items that have a space in the words so to reconize that, the computer automatically adds a space, like and Id so the computer knows what it is.

1 Like

So—what do we do? Contact Gimkit or is it just a thing?

What do you mean by this??? I add the space and it shows no data.

no its not an issue, and it shouldn’t cause issues.

1 Like

Alright. Mark a solution to close this, as it is not a big issue…

1 Like

It does it to with a item spanner

I didn’t add a space and it added one its self and it has data. How do you not know what an Id is?

1 Like

It’s not fixed though… I don’t care the size of the issue, and I won’t close this until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

It does with everything that gives it the option to select items, I suppose.
Let’s stop replying—everyone knows now.

2 Likes

I suppose, but what do you think the solution would or will be?
How can this be fixed? Contacting the game—or?

*I need to stop saying suppose like I’m an english teacher…

2 Likes

:slight_smile: That’s all I have to say

1 Like

The Sarcasm

Okay, minor problem.
If I’m correct, which is iffy at best, this is just how systems like these work, and there really isn’t a fix.

A good example of this (and the only example I could think of) is searching to ping someone on discord. If you don’t know, when you type out a ping in discord, you can autofill people’s usernames, if you can find them in the small search bar type thing (dunno how else to describe it). However, if you type a space, discord has no idea what you’re doing, and completely removes the autofill. Spaces will break it.
(sorry if that example didn’t make sense)

This same thing might, and I believe does, apply here. So, it’s just how the system works, presumably. Maybe even try to type it as one word, or something. Honestly, this really doesn’t seem like that big of a deal.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s not a big deal, but it feels like you can just search up the name and it returns the entry with that name, like with channels. I’m discord, there differences in text types, like channels, threads, pings, and regular text, so there’s a specific formatting.

2 Likes

sorry if I’m late but using “muffin_launcher_epic” shows the epic P.M.L but P.M.L, portable_muffin_launcher or PML doesn’t.“muffin_launcher_common” and so on will show the other rarities
Snag_c440064

6 Likes

:0 Oh! So that’s what you need to input. Thanks! This bug is annoying.

4 Likes

Cool! I’ll keep this open so the devs can see this and fix it to make the displayed name show up.

1 Like

Same for silver seed, pml, and many others
Evil Eye too i think…

Ohh…
I think it is because the developer didn’t put like a “common” name,
so they use the name that they use in the code, scince when you code, you want to avoid capital letters like P M L and periods