Sonic boss help

I need help recreating the Giant Eggman Robo boss fight from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-05-22 11.51.09 AM
Can someone help me? I don’t want the boss to take up TOO much space, but I also want it to be slightly difficult to beat. I also want it to have a final boss feel to it. Pls send help!

NOTE: I only need help with the fight, as I’m sure I can handle the barrier art.

pls stop reposting…

2 Likes

This is a diff topic & diff boss

I can help with the design but the functionality you will have to be more specific of what you want it to do.

The Giant Eggman Robo attacks with its massive fingers, which the player must destr0y with gadgets while dodging the Giant Eggman Robo’s attacks. These fingers are collected in two groups of three. Each “hand” locks onto the character if they are close enough before rising up and then slamming down into the floor, making them take damage by activating an invisible laser. Unless the character dodges, getting caught under the fingers will damage the player.

so what exactly do you need help with? what part of the boss fight?

I need help with the fight, as I can handle the barrier art.

The Giant Eggman Robo attacks with its massive fingers, which the player must destr0y with gadgets while dodging the Giant Eggman Robo’s attacks. These fingers are collected in two groups of three. Each “hand” locks onto the character if they are close enough before rising up and then slamming down into the floor, making them take damage by activating an invisible laser. Unless the character dodges, getting caught under the fingers will damage the player.

1 Like

program the fingers to go to specific coordinates. update a property for 1 second when the dodge overlay is clicked. unless that property is true (meaning dodge is active), when a player is at the coordinates of a finger they take damage via damager.

I’ll try that out and see if that works

1 Like