Something interesting about Templates

I dont get it

I have two essays a chem sheet and a calculus sheet due tonight and a chinese test tomorrow i need to study for so you better not be just messing with me pi

what exactly do you not understand

1 Like

What value does XOR represents?

1 Like

Blackhole is it just me or does it seem like you have Albert enstines genes😱
But can you explain how any of this works? (I have a maximum of 2 braincells that’s working overtime right now)

Pwease?

It’s an operation you perform on two numbers. It outputs a 0 if both inputs are the same, and 1 if both inputs are different. Here’s an example of inputs and what the output is.

What part are you getting stuck on? How far through did you follow?
And while I appreciate your compliment, Einstein is on a far higher plane of intelligence than I am.

1 Like

Um🥲

And dis

So the first quote explains how Gimkit lets you add text and numbers together. Most programming languages don’t let you do this, but because Gimkit runs on Javascript, it allows this. Toothless was observing this and was wondering if anything cool could be done by abusing this.

The second quote explains how to do an XOR operation efficiently using Javascript abuse. What do you not understand about this?

2 Likes
  1. I get it now, thanks!

What’s it on? I would ask to see it but I can’t access discord (:sob:) right now (actually maybe this is good) so this is very sad.

Cannot confirm or deny.

1. Tell “James” (I don’t know why he wants to be called that now) I said Hi and give him these jokes I found on the internet:
  • Why do math guys confuse Christmas and Halloween? Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
  • I forgot the second joke but just tell him to think of what MIGHT have been the joke and then laugh at the hypothetical joke (It works trust).
  • this one wasn’t funny so i annihilated it.
  • TWO grapes walk into a bar. They get squished by a physicist because physicists are evil and kill grapes for a living.

@Slim nice joke

i guess its on the same level

1 Like

From my comprehension for the second one, both input variable A & B could be either “true” or “false”
let true equals one and false equals two.
if the value is “false”, the value should be 0, if “true”, the value should be 1.

1 Like

How is an xor operation used in a JavaScript, and how is gimkit ran on one? And is the xor equation as basic as a regular one?

So Gimkit runs on Javascript because… that’s what Josh used to make it. He wrote javascript code and because of this Gimkit’s block code contains all the weird quirks of Javascript. I’ve abused these quirks to make this XOR gate.

XOR gates aren’t language specific, it’s just a type of logic gates. It takes two inputs and gives one output. Here’s the table for what inputs create what outputs.

6 Likes

Ohhh I get it.

So would you write.

if a + b == 1

Pass

else

Fail
2 Likes

Yeah!

2 Likes

BUMP
*bypassing letter limit

Could you use that for bitwise operations, or am I thinking in the wrong coding language?

So I followed along pretty well and understand what the XOR gate is, I’m just wondering why? Did you just want to abuse the Javascript thing or was it for an actual use in a game or something?

This was just a better method for doing an XOR operation, which I made because I was bored and because someone might find it useful someday.

3 Likes

ofc you were bored -_-

It was useful to know though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Boredom is my primary motivation for most things I do haha

4 Likes