Senty shooting through players

I was testing a map of mine when I found an issue with sentries. They can’t hit you if you are standing directly below them and off the left a little. See:

The red was from a damage boost, not respawn protection.

1 Like

Yeah, they can only shoot around themselves, not at them. Well, I guess that’s reasonable. Who would shoot themself?

4 Likes

But other sentries can hit you

1 Like

Yes, they can. It’s just that that one can’t. However, if I move to the right, it can shoot me.

1 Like

You can’t really damage yourself with weapons but it’s a weird bug.
Maybe try activating and deactivating the sentry?
Did you try refreshing?
If it still won’t work, try restarting/shutting down your computer and turning it back on again or email hello@gimkit.com.
There has been lots of bugs lately and that might be due to the large amount of props added and the servers can’t handle the pressure so it may get a little buggy sometimes.

1 Like

Hm, interesting

3 Likes

If you stand exactly on them, they can’t hit you, right? You could put multiple sentries in one spot, when one is defeated, all the others deactivate??? Idk

3 Likes

Is this still occurring?

Wow, I didn’t know that damage boosts changed the color of your gim.

3 Likes

Yes, it is. Should I leave this, or mark a solution?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty cool.
If Sentry-Device interactions were still here the Damage Boost would probably apply for sentries and we could make epic bossfights!

2 Likes

Let’s keep it open for a little longer.

bbsi

3 Likes

You should probably keep it open and mark a solution once the gimkit team fixes it or the bug no longer happens.

2 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

I left the tab off to the side as we were discussing this, and then reopened it. The sentry let lose about 400 things, but none of them hit me. It’s really weird. I can also hit the sentry.

2 Likes

I thought it would be normal if the sentry couldn’t hit the player in that area, but the player can hit the sentry there? Where’s the player’s gadget when you’re hitting the sentry?

2 Likes

The player gadget has to be across the sentry the long way to shoot it.

1 Like