Properties in the block menu

If I have a player scoped property change another player scoped property, will it stay player scoped? Just wanted to check.

1 Like

Can you explain a bit more? The only ways to change scope are to:

• Have a global scoped channel use an if statement that has a player or team scoped property. This makes the scope more individual.

• Have a relay

• Have a player scoped channel trigger a global scoped device. This makes the scope global.

2 Likes

I tested that out, the scope does not change.

2 Likes

Which ones?

2 Likes

I had property A and property B. I set property A to get the value of property B when a player steps on a trigger. Both are player scoped. When player A steps on that trigger then steps on another trigger setting two text devices to property A and B, they had the same value. When I had player B, who did not step on the trigger that changes the property step on the text trigger, the text ended up having the original amounts of the two properties. I tested this further by also having player B step on the property trigger, then they step on a trigger that increments property B. Player B’s property didn’t have the same value as Player A’ s property.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m trying to get the few helpers we have to not leave making a personalized save state for a multiplayer game.

2 Likes

How do you highlight and cross out text?

1 Like

<del and <ins.

1 Like

Ok. Insert is the highlight?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.