Planning for my new game

I’m starting to work on a new game that will be a platformer
it will be based off of mario in the way it looks
I enjoy making story games so it’s going to be a platformer with levels and lore
I also liked what Gimkart 8 did with the carts
when choosing characters I want them to be based off of forum people
sadly I’m not doing people who left unless I have a way to contact them
so things I need

1. people who want a character*
  2. powerup ideas
  3. main town name ideas
  4. level name/theme ideas
  5. Recreating mario blocks is also nice 2x2 dimensions

*the roster will be small due to memory and them being animated in cutscenes. Please don’t ask if you haven’t done much and know I will deny it. Please include a general appearance idea for cutscenes.

if you want a place but don’t get a character, I might have NPC’s that can be named after you. yet again I want more well known people that I know.

2 Likes

What do you want the main idea of the game to be? like what is the end goal?
Or do you want ideas for the goal/idea?

any ideas help really
the basic idea is people are revolting and you have to stop them

1. Sure (lol @Foxy you still haven’t responded to this answer [1]
  2. Use a barrier that is yellow and a text with ? put a trigger where you would hit the block, and make it grant an item (or something else) and hide the barrier & text or turn it into a brown block

1. sure, I do want a character ↩︎

1 Like

Brick Block | Nintendo | Fandom

What would be better? Props or barriers?
With props I would use the cutting board [1]

1. use multiple of them ↩︎

it just needs to look good and not take too much memory

barriers would probably look better though since they can have no borders

How big of a brick would you like?

let’s say 2x2
this is by 64 grid snap
about this

Is this good? It’s a little smaller than a 2x2.
It does take up 160 memory though.
(the numbers are the hex code for the color)

2 Likes

thanks
removing that now(from topic)

more details for getting a character
they are currently
4 places for a playable character
3 main characters(tutorial guy and current ruler and an important guy in the revolution but not the leader)
random ones never end you have to choose if they are revolting though and a general idea of their purpose

Speed boost.
More luck when they hit a question mark box for 10 seconds

hey @Foxy what are you making (sorry a bit busy with drama from other places)

Is it just regulars or normal peeps on forums?

(Working on the other requests)

np I was offline anyways
the way it works is loosely based on mario
the game is you trying to stop a revolt led by an organization
@Artemis it’s for anyone I am prioritizing the more well known users though

1. To help me brainstorm are they trying to restore the world to before the organization or just trying to eliminate the organization
  2. Sure if you want me to be
  3. Damage boost, invisibility from sentries (switch to their team temporarily), full heal

eliminate

1 Like

Alright. Here you go! This is just lore & town names.

Takes deep breath in

Town Name Ideas

(These should not be real btw)

Macclesfield

Fabricated in a waterfall, the town of Macclesfield is home to people lead by an unruly dictator.
This town wasn’t built by a waterfall by accident, as it has ancient burial grounds, which is of great importance to the people of Macclesfield and its success.

The town itself looks gruesome. With its black wooden rooftops, black wooden walls and barren grounds, Macclesfield has a grim atmosphere.
The main attraction is the cathedral, which was built 29 years ago and designed by vikings.

Macclesfield has a damaged economy, which is mainly supported by trade, baking and beer brewing. But their biggest strengths are delicate tailoring and alchemy.
However, Macclesfield lacks people skilled in racing.

Despite its strengths and weaknesses, Macclesfield is most likely headed towards a terrible future under the leadership of the dictator. But this remains to be seen. Can you beat the dictator in a race and save the people?

Raven Haven

Found on the end of a valley, the megalopolis of Raven Haven is home to pirates led by Captain Gedman.
This megalopolis wasn’t built by a valley by accident, as it has powerful properties, which are of great importance to the people of Raven Haven and its success.

The megalopolis itself looks stunning. With its ebony wood rooftops, wheat straw walls and imposing glacier, Raven Haven has a seductive atmosphere.
The main attraction is the market, which was built 50 years ago and designed by giants.

Raven Haven has a feeble economy, which is mainly supported by jewel crafting, hunting and thieving. But their biggest strengths are rare animal training and sophisticated racing.
However, Raven Haven lacks people skilled in crafting.

Despite its strengths and weaknesses, Hillfar is most likely headed towards an unknown future under the leadership of Captain Gedman. Can you win races and help their economy?

Acton

Cast next to a lava stream, the township of Acton is home to sorcerers led by Duchess Faley.
This township wasn’t built by a lava stream on purpose, but they settled there as it has healing properties, which are of great importance to the people of Acton and its success.

The township itself looks delightful. With its willow wood rooftops, spruce wood walls and majestic fjords, Acton has an enthralling atmosphere.
The main attraction is the theatre, which was built 50 years ago and designed by night elves.

Acton has a steady economy, which is mainly supported by cooking, armorsmithing and weaponsmithing. But their biggest strengths are elaborate blacksmithing and ocean fishing.
However, Acton lacks people skilled in competing.

Can you help them, or will you ruin the village?

Aquarine

This text will be hidden

Hull

Formed on the Northern side of a grotto, the hamlet of Hull is home to humans led by Director Falkner.
This hamlet wasn’t built by a grotto by accident, as it has warring properties, which is of great importance to the people of Hull and its success.

The hamlet itself looks delightful. With its shingle rooftops, mahogany wood walls and silent mountain range, Hull has a pleasant atmosphere.
The main attraction is the wishing well, which was built 42 years ago and designed by fairies.

They went to war against the people of Spalding, so their economy is not exactly stable. This has led to a pause in all work and competition.

Hull has an unsteady economy, which is mainly supported by sporting, animal training and leatherworking. But their biggest strengths are elaborate soda making techniques and highly skilled thieving.
However, Hull lacks people skilled in war craft.

Despite its strengths and weaknesses, Hull is most likely headed towards a somber future under the leadership of Director Falkner.

Will you help Hull or destroy it?

Spalding

Erected on top of a geyser field, the outpost of Ecrin is home to vikings led by President Adwell.
This outpost wasn’t built by a geyser field by accident, as it has fertile soils, which is of great importance to the people of Spalding and its success.

The outpost itself looks magnificent. With its elm wood rooftops, golden brick walls and aromatic flowers, Spalding has an otherworldly atmosphere.
The main attraction is the large park, which was built 27 years ago and designed by humans.

Spalding once had a thriving economy, which was mainly supported by medicine, herbalism and tailoring. But their biggest strengths are rare herbalism and weaponsmithing.
However, Spalding lacks people skilled in war craft.

They went to war with Hull well over 50 years ago, but no one knows why they are fighting. They are both struggling.

Despite its strengths and weaknesses, Spalding is most likely headed towards somber future under the leadership of President Adwell. But this remains to be seen.

Will you reunite Hull & Spalding or will you let them destroy one another?