On The Nature of a Relay: A Comprehensive Study on The Features of The Relay and Its Place In The Gimmunity

Intro

Aw shoot, here we go again. Mega Sigh.
If you don’t want to read the entire thing just go to the conclusion. (It would make my day if you read though!)

TOC

Appearance
What It Does
Interactions With Other Devices
Conclusion

Appearance

Albinorubio Iterum, more commonly known as a relay, is a device in the “Pink Device Family.” These lightweight champs only take up 20 Memory. The max population for these bad boys is 128. Just about every gim in gimtopia knows what a relay is. These guys aren’t visible on game start like most devices and don’t have any way of showing when they happen. The box on top of the relay has 2 gims transmitting some waves above on it.

What It Does

Relays are very useful devices and are used in pretty much every game on gimkit. They are very useful and are used to do something to a certain player or group of players. Here are the list of “audiences” to choose from:

• All Players
  • All Other Players
  • All Players On My Team
  • Random Player
  • All Players On Specific Team
  • Random Player On Specific Team
  • Single Player On Each Team

Interactions With Other Devices

Now unlike many devices, the Relay device does not use blocks. Though it can interact with many devices through channels & wires. There are multiple ways you can use this device to connect with others.
A few examples are
:

• Granting An Item To All Players
  • Switching a Random Player To a Specific Team
  • Give A Specific Team a Weapon And a Different One To The Other
  • Opening An Annoying Popup On All Other Players

Conclusion

In conclusion, the Relay device (Albinorubio Iterum), is a lightweight device in the “Pink Device Family.” It only takes up 20 memory and is very useful. 128 of these can be placed across the map. The image on this device looks like 2 gims with waves transmitting above them. Relays are used to do something to a certain player or group of players. There are 7 different “audiences” to choose from. Even though the Relay does not have a “blocks” option, it can still interact with lots of devices in many different ways.

Hey! Thanks for reading this guide! Check out @ClicClac 's guide with all the other natures in it. If you want to see all the nature of’s ever made just go here: nature-of
Thanks again!
Written by ShinyRIolu
Art by ShinyRiolu

4 Likes

The relay only has a few settings. It just doesn’t need a guide.

7 Likes

Oh sorry, I didn’t know that. Does that mean this one is bad or irrelavent?

Where’d you find that?

2 Likes

On the Nature Of the Flag: Biology, Customizing, and Family

4 Likes

A lot of people still need to know these things
“how to make a barrier only active for one team”
“teams like among us”

1 Like

but we have those guides and we have The Ultimate Guide to Every Device.
we’re fine

5 Likes

But this one goes more in detail. What’s the problem with a little guide about a small device. It’s not like it’s creating clutter. The nature-of literally only has 11 guides.

that’s like 7 unneeded ones right there

the issue is we don’t need a little guide about a small device.

7 Likes

Yeah, I agree with @CassiusDoomlorde on this, like I said before, if you aren’t going to add anything new that hasn’t been added from the TUGTED yet, then don’t just make a guide on the same info with a new format.
We don’t need a guide for the sake of making it.
@ShinyRiolu, I understand if you feel a little sad right now as it seems like this took you a while to make, just for it to be immediately shut down, so maybe we could just all calm down for a sec?

7 Likes

True, but I have no Side to this.

1 Like

nature-of is now a thing that everyone wants to make so there are useless ones and it kinda just ruins the appeal of the good ones
this one is better than most

5 Likes

Yes, I’ll admit, the detail in this is nice, just that all this info is in TUGTED already and is a simple device.

@CassiusDoomlorde, is my notification nature-of ok?

4 Likes

Like @GimSolver said, let’s all just calm down and stop replying for a bit.

1 Like

and yay gimtopia the name I came up with

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

I think this is getting a little out of hand, how about we compromise? Since @ShinyRiolu worked hard on this and it’s actually a decent guide, we let it stay, but we remove the nature-of tag and remove it from the series wiki. That way, it’s just a guide. Starting now, we reinforce the post @ClicClac made, making sure that simple devices or simple guides don’t need to be made in a new format.

2 Likes

without the nature-of stuff this guide would be kinda bland also this is one of the much better ones but how about we limit future ones by making rules for what has to be in it?

1 Like

someone would probably have to make a psa or some kind of announcement on it though

well, in the series wiki, we could add the rule into it, and any other nature-of guide that comes out that is a simple device, we flag it, don’t reply, just flag it. We can say that they were warned as it was put in the wiki.

2 Likes