New Update: May 16th, 2024

It’s hard to believe, but Gimkit Creative just had its 1 year anniversary. It’s incredible to see all the maps you all have built in the year since. Your creativity inspires us!

To celebrate, we wanted to push out one more update before the end of the school year. This update is pretty neat, bringing in 3 new devices!

But for now, we likely won’t be making any updates to Creative over summer break. So go enjoy your summer, and here’s to everything we’ll build together in the next year!

Find the full changelog here: https://docs.creative.gimkit.com/changelog/may-16th-2024

51 Likes

first haha great job josh

3 Likes

Thank you Josh, love to see this :DDD

1 Like

TYSM JOSH
PLAYER POSITION DETECTOR WOOOOOOOOOO :tada:

15 Likes

Awesome! These will increase the number of things we can do in GKC tenfold!

2 Likes

WAIT I CAN FINALLY RELEASE RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT YEHAHHHHGHHHHHHH

2 Likes

Thanks Josh! But just a quick question:
Isn’t it still May 15? At least it is where I live.
Edit: Just read all the updates! This is fantastic!

6 Likes

Time Zones exist, that’s prob why :smiley:

2 Likes

Amazing update! Player cords and CUTSCENES?!?!? :star_struck:
For me right now, it is May 15, maybe Josh is just pre-posting.

7 Likes

YAAAYYYY!! LETS GOO!! I cant wait to make even more advanced game mechanics :slight_smile:

3 Likes

TYSM Josh!!! I can finally make pseudo inventory health. You’re the best! Oh yes and its custom damage too!!! Yay!!!

2 Likes

nevermind it doesn’t have between tile precision :cry:

7 Likes

Thanks Josh! With this, I figured out that a gimkit creative map is 320/320 tiles long and wide. I used a Game Overlay and 2 properties and didn’t place any spawn pads so that I would automatically spawn in the middle of a map.

2 Likes

the moving camera is the best though

5 Likes

YAY!!!

1. The damager device, which has been awaited since the beginning of time, is now here
  2. YOU CAN NOW TRACK WHEN A PLAYER FIRES OFF A SHOT WITH A LIFE CYCLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  3. Player position detector, see a lot of gimmicks that can be made.
  4. Moving camera, telescopes and cameras are now possible.
6 Likes

Thanks Josh,3 new devices, sick! :D

2 Likes

THE NEW CAMERA DEVICE YOOOOOOOOO

This is so good!!!

TBH, I thought that was just going to be a toggleable setting they would add to the current camera device

2 Likes

Just be glad we have this. It can’t be that important. It is better than filling the map with triggers or zones like people used too. Does anyone know how much memory these new devices take up?

2 Likes

All hail the Negative Health Granter!

7 Likes

I heard about camera devices update about a while back. Apparently, it was leaked somewhere on Youtube I think. Also, today is May 15th, Josh! You silly goose got the date wrong!

2 Likes