Need Ideas For A (What People Call)Boring Map

So, recently, I had people testing my freeze tag game, and they got bored pretty quickly. Anyone have any ideas for what I should put in it?
Also, if you say lore I am not imaginative nor creative sooooo

1 Like

Do you think you could show us some pictures?

1 Like

maybe make kits, for ex: pne kit gives you a power up to use in the game.

1 Like

you could also make a cool thumbnail, but idk if that will work.

1 Like

what if: you used the ghostbusters’ frozen empire lore o-O
jk.
maybe add a mechanic like the zardy fnf mod where you have to press four overlays in a specified (random) order to unfreeze people? and if there’s no movement meter, then add one for the taggers. if there is a movement meter, make the taggers lose double energy or whatever item.

2 Likes

I’ve added energy bars(speed for 5 seconds), but man adding weapons is a little too dangerous(if you get what I mean)

1 Like

1.There is no movement meter
2.There is already a way to unfreeze yourself(answering questions, 1 in 10 chance you get unfrozen), but your idea could work
3.Also I thought about adding a 1.25x speed boost for the tagger so it is easier to tag everyone, but then man the tagger becomes op

1 Like

Already have one. It’s not published yet. I’m kinda afraid because all the stuff I had in my map before the other freeze tag was published is the exact same as the map that was published(almost). Our map is different(NOT a props expert), but our devices and our additional features to the game are almost too similar bro :frowning:
Also, I’m trying to add a cool feature but I have reached creative burnout

1 Like

hmmm.
getting sidetracked: idk why but family feud in Gimkit popped up in my head lol

for the tagger movement meter I was talking about making them lose double energy so they have to do a certain action to gain more energy.
what if you added a movement meter that activates when a player gets tagged, instead of them getting frozen instantly, and there are fires around the map. the player slows down more and more, the longer they’ve been tagged and after a little bit they get frozen. if they get near a fire the movement meter deactivates for them. if they get frozen they have to do the answering questions thingy. the taggers have the ability to put out fires though but there is a cooldown. runners can light fires that have been put out by taggers.

2 Likes

Yo that is an amazing Idea not gonna steal it tho lol

3 Likes

make a waypoint ability for taggers that they can get after getting x tags. when they activate the ability then they can get a waypoint for a random player on the runner’s team and track them down.

1 Like

I either have a flow of ideas or extreme creative burnout and the former is rare compared to the latter but the flow of ideas is bursting out rn

1 Like

Good idea! Time to take 10 years making something weird

1 Like

I gave 3 likes and I already ran out. bruh -_-
so I’ll do this:
2 Likes

one more idea just in case:
if the taggers get a waypoint ability shouldn’t the runners too? if a runner gets frozen (not tagged but frozen) x amount of times, the next time they get frozen and all the times after that, they can call for help which show a waypoint with their location. although this is more if they are plain lazy ngl.

2 Likes

Flip I’ve encountered a problem
I have 5 relays. Their audience is Teams1(2,3,4,5). But when I start the game, it doesn’t even work.

1 Like

Here’s a checklist I made for another topic on making sure you are making a good game! If anything feels out of place that is probably because I deleted the first half of this.

• Have a good game loop (make it replayable and fresh)
  • Have a clear objective/goal (motivates the player)
  • Make your game run smoothly with minimal bugs
  • Make it appealing and clean (this takes practice. Maybe check out some high quality maps and study how they look so good)
  • Make sure your game is fair for the player (don’t add blocks that you think you can jump on but can’t, overpowered bosses, near impossible jumps for no reason)
  • Playtest your game (make sure it is actually fun, so much that even you don’t want to stop playing it. If is isn’t, maybe review the above lists or ask someone else to playtest and give feedback)
  • Use your imagination (make sure your game is original or a much improved version of another game so much so that it is almost completely different in terms of gameplay. Taking ideas from games outside of gimkit for inspiration is great! For example, you take inspiration from Overcooked and make a fast paced co-op car repair shop game idk lol)
  • Keep trying! Learning takes trial and error, which means failing over and over and over. Many of the people who have games on community picks made games before that one, even if it wasn’t on Gimkit. I myself (even though my first game published made it on community picks) made games on scratch, code.0rg, and codepen long before Gimkit which meant I had a lot less learning to do than most!
  • Remember, the fastest way to learn is to go out of your comfort zone. Try making something just outside of your skill level even if you end up not being able to finish it to the quality you want. Eventually, you will. Trust me. :+1:

Good luck building! :four_leaf_clover: :hammer_and_wrench

2 Likes

Power ups: Speed, extra life, freeze the freezer for 1o seconds, yada yada.

1 Like

wait. why is there 5 teams?
also I thought of another role: the mad scientist
this role goes along with said lore which I will pull up here.

lore: a crazy scientist is doing experiments on snow. he lives in a small town where his lab is. one day during his experiments, he accidentally mixes a bad chemical making the snow turn into human-like beings. upon touching humans they slow down their systems that make people function. after a year, the remaining humans have a way to get unfrozen: an antidote. it was accidentally dropped by the scientist who started it all. sadly, they can’t reproduce it but the clumsy scientist keeps dropping more so they are able to live on. it’s an all out war against the monsters at this point.

so I know this isn’t the best lore but yeah… you don’t need to add it but I just thought of it.
mad scientist role: as a narcissistic person, the scientist only cares about defending himself. he has a poison splash attack that affects both runners and freezers. I am about to release a guide on the splash attack stuff if you wanna wait that out ig…? anyways the scientist also randomly drops antidotes at certain times. this will make runners unfreezable for a certain amount of time if they pick it up. if the freezer picks it up then they get x1.5 speed for a certain amount of time. the scientists can not pick up the antidote. this is a one person role. IDC if you want to use it but i’m just letting my thoughts leak out…

3 Likes

If you could show us some pictures I could definitely say a few things. ^^

1 Like