More ideas are needed... for a boss fight

So, I need ideas for a ultra boss fight in my game, I have a cutscene that shows that motive of my boss, and their lore. I have laser attacks and the boss has multiple weapons, players are to work together and defeat the boss, I also have props that randomly appear and disappear, so you can hide in one place the whole fight

it sounds pretty good already

1 Like

It is still kinda boring to fight, it’s just hiding, running, hiding, getting knocked out, attacking, repeat

1 Like

sadly that’s what boss fights are
you could make him summon sentries too

1 Like

That’s a good idea

You could add stages to the fight. So you have three sentries that each behave differently. You kill the first one and the next one appears on the same spot and does more damage. Then that one dies and you have a final one that is super hard. Then you need a different strategy for each stage.

1 Like

That’s… an… AMAZING idea!

in lots of boss fights you can’t actually damage the boss and you have to figure out how you can
also cutscenes in the middle of the fight are nice too

more different attacks that you cant just hide behind cover for.

That gives me a idea, a dialoge part

How would I do that, not using lasers?

Make the boss have a random shield that spawns once you deplete a skull of the boss’s health. For reference check out these bloons boss’ attacks.

I can’t send the link since my darned securly blocked it, so you’ll have to do some digging.

2 Likes

For the shield, use the broken glass prop that looks like a dome and tint it blue or another color. Make sure that it can be damaged (or not, depending on your preferences). If you want to spice it up, you could also add shards (once again, broken glass prop).

1 Like

Question: The whole boss (7 stages) has 7,000 health in total, I expect 1-3 players to be fighting him, what weapon, and rartiy should a player have? The boss has 7 weapons too, each stage is one weapon

probably legendary or epic

also, make sure the boss has good range so it can hit people

1 Like

okay

Are you going to include the shield too? Also, make sure that you have somewhere to indicate where the boss is going to strike next. If this is a super hard game that makes you rage quit then ignore what I just said and make random attacks that force you to go out of a hiding zone.

2 Likes

I finished coding the boss fight! Time to mark a solution.

That’s not true. You can use pseudo-health by using damageable props to size up the boss.

1 Like

That was a suggestion because in some boss fights you can’t damage the boss directly and that’s the point @raeB

1 Like