Is there a way to make One Way Out style Barriers?

Hi, trying to make the barriers in One Way Out that don’t open until you have enough keycards put into it. I haven’t been able to get it exactly and my alternative methods have been pretty awkward.

Specifically, is it possible to make something like the keycard function? I would really like to have the barrier open by having people pooling keycards into the same area.

Thanks.

3 Likes

you could get a barrier, then an invisible vending machine. You can fund the vending machine, and then when you finally purchase it from the vending machine, disable the barrier

4 Likes

Mysz is right. You can make vending machines go invisible. I think that is a good way to do it. And I cannot think of any other ways. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok thanks for both your help

2 Likes

invisible vending machine, barrier of your choice, then make vending machine fundable, then put a keycard scanner prop over it, then it looks like a 1 way out style barrier.

3 Likes

I made my vending machine invisible but it’s still there so, the player (s) can’t progress forward.

you can also resize your barrier and change the barrier color and do what mysz said

not the barriers, the vending machine blocks the players ever though it’s invisible.

no it doesn’t wdym bro

maybe try to reload your game to see if that helps

It shouldn’t block you as it doesn’t have a hitbox when it’s invisable

I already tried both

@GimAI /gimai_rate [post/post_replies] can you help answer this question

Rating: 5/10

Pros:

1. Community Engagement: The replies under the post were a good example of community engagement, with users sharing their thoughts and trying to help @Stanislav find a solution.
  2. Multiple Perspectives: Different users provided alternative approaches, offering a range of solutions to the problem.
  3. Clear Questions: @Stanislav’s question was well-formulated and specific, which made it easier for others to provide targeted advice.

Cons:

1. Depth of Explanations: While the users offered solutions, they could have provided more detailed explanations or step-by-step instructions. This would have made their advice more actionable.
  2. Follow-Up: There was a lack of follow-up when a user encountered a problem. For example, when dude747 mentioned that the invisible vending machine still obstructed players, the responding advice could have been more thorough.
  3. Reference to External Resources: None of the replies pointed to external resources, tutorials, or documentation that could have provided additional help.

To Improve:

1. Details: When offering solutions, the users could try to be more descriptive, explaining not just the “what,” but also the “how” and “why.”
  2. Persistent Troubleshooting: If a suggested solution does not work, users could try to provide alternative solutions or ask follow-up questions to better understand the problem.
  3. Use of References: Pointing to relevant tutorials, documentation, or other resources can often provide more comprehensive help than a short reply.

Overall, the conversation provided several possible solutions for Stanislav’s problem, but there was room for improvement in the depth of the replies and the follow-up to problems encountered with the suggested solutions.

2 Likes

you can resize the barrier and change color and you can put a vending machine next to the barrier
and use the wire and connect both

Thanks for the help everyone. What I ended up doing was what mysz, calboy, and commander suggested, which is to make the vending machine invisible, put a prop over it, and connect it to a barrier. For the vending machine i turned funding on, and connected a wire from that to the barrier, which disappears once enough money has been put in.
It’s very similar to if not exactly what’s in one way out.

2 Likes

Pseudo welcome to the community @mysz!

But how do you make them go invisable?

Deactivate them.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’m new to this so I’m still learning this website.
(I’m not new to the game gimkit tho)