Is it posssible to make a starting value on a counter the stored number of a property?

I was just wondering.

Umm, I don’t think so because it won’t let me connect the two, but you can put the default value of the property as the same number as the counter. The property seems to not be able to be on the receiving end of anything. not even a wire. I just checked.

btw I love your bio

1 Like

Yeah, I mean I thought so.
I wish you could do it though cause for one of the things I’m working on is at the beginning of the game the counter will reset to the value that is was in the other games, because it is tracking a property, but at the beginning of the game the counter is set to 0 so the property goes back to zero, which is annoying.
(I will keep this open in case anyone has any ideas, otherwise you will get the solution)

Thx, I love your lore

1 Like

You can connect a property to a counter, but you can’t connect a counter to a property. I don’t know why.

1 Like

The reason why you can connect a property to a counter is because property values can be changed when it is connected to something that can trigger its change. Since counters are responsible for several essential functions, counters can change when a property value is changed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.