Is it possible to make your Gimkit character jump? [RESOLVED]

Is it possible to make your Gimkit character jump?

1 Like

I don’t think so. It’s a 2D game, after all.

1 Like

yes, but could you at least make it look like your avatar is jumping?

I don’t know, I’m really sorry, hope someone else can help! :disappointed_relieved:

It’s alright, I’ll mess around with some devices and blocks and see if I can figure it out on my own.
Thank you for your time.

It’s not possible to move the character with code, so no, sadly

its possible to make a button to jump and to change a property when you press the button and it goes back to normal after a few seconds. however, there’s no gim jumping sprite. it’d be a cool idea but they’d have to change all the spritesheets for that so i don’t really know.

It’s not possible. Only keys in the game are left click, interact, and WASD/arrows. You can’t rebind them. Sorry.

I don’t know if this works, but I sort of have a concept around it. You see, to sort of make the player jump, you may place a trigger on the starting point, then whenever the players steps on the trigger, it teleport you to a teleporter, where another trigger is underneath it. Triggering that trigger makes you character teleport again, and by placing teleporters (and triggers) in a “jumping” motion, you might be able to achieve the effect. It’s like the extreme way of doing things, and you could only jump in a specific area, so yeah doing it in this way would really limit your choices.

Sorry, but that’s not possible. You can try to do this, but it may not succeed. Good luck! :slight_smile:

It isn’t possible, but what are you trying to use it for? There may be an alternative that could work

1 Like