Is it possible to make pong

i’ve been thinking about making pong for a long time. i have already played around w a few of the mechanics in a test map, but before i actually try and make the game i wanna know if its possible. as this would prolly be my biggest project yet if it is. (ill make a guide on it if yes.)
Screenshot 2024-01-06 10.36.52 PM
(that’s what it is if you dont know.)

It probably is but would require a lot of hard work. But the problem would be the ball physics.

1 Like

mhm, thats what i was worried about and why i made this post

@speedy_kd4 if you try to make it can i help you because it would help me understand more about gkc
if i try to read something it doesn’t help, i learn by doing
that depends if gkc will load though

1 Like

How would that work? What would the gims be doing?
The score could be counters tho.

If the ball from blast ball come to GKC, it would probably be possible

the gims would work as the (paddles?) and would be only controlled to go up and down. (using barriers.)

1 Like

yeah that would be great! i’m still deciding if i will or not tho, as this would be a big project and i dont wanna get halfway through only to find out its impossible.

1 Like

It’s probably not possible until we get the ball in blastball. Players can use their weapon to move the ball, like a zapper or blaster, though!

1 Like

If you used barriers, your “ball” wouldn’t be able to go through them

2 Likes

You could probably make it but it would be better to use players as the paddles and give them a big camera view. For the outs just make a zone right on top of the barrier that you are using to block the players from going out. For the ball you could use a coordinate system

1 Like

Not gonna lie, all of this stuff would be so much easier if they just add the “blastball” physics because things like this, blade ball, football, baseball etc., would be so much easier. And to be honest it didn’t take them that long to make blastball because it came out like a day or two after the pass, whilst dld took like 3 weeks. I guess we just have to be patient.

1 Like

Its still very possible though

I think that this may not even be tricky in a few weeks/days if they add both the don’t look down 2-D movement and the Blastball physics, and if you do it then, it could be like players bouncing the ball from one place to the next instead of all of that pesky animation, but if you want to, I think it would work.

1 Like

if we had the blastball device maybe

1 Like

This could probably be done with locking the player into only going up and down, linking that up and down movement to moving a barrier AND a couple properties values up and down, and have a ball that moves through a coordinate grid at a 45 degree angle. If it hits (it’s coordinates + 1 unit = the floors coordinates) the floor or ceiling, reverse the up or down way that it travels. If it hits a paddle, reverse the left right movement. This is really basic, but I hope it helps!

1 Like

well you could make the same animation go over and over again and if you miss it you lose You should put like a barrier over character and zones move barriers so you can move up and down

2 Likes

thanks for all the help everybody! ive decided im gonna go into a test world and try out every mechanic. if everything works than I’ll make a final copy and put all the mechanics together. ill mark a solution for now.

should i make a padlet on this? so multiple people can work on this with me and stuff?

sure I would love to

1 Like

how do you suppose to share it?