If you had the power to create your own Gimkit gamemode with your own devices and assets, what would you do?

or sum like a dark tower with levels and levels of enemies in the dark tower

1 Like

like that soccer ball???

make moving lasers, so @gimmaster12345 can make sans fight

3 Likes

I would make moving sentries that have ability to do what their commanded to do instead of pvp

2 Likes

well nolt has plenty of things
Personally I want health granters to work with negative numbers and more animations

4 Likes

Kind of? The ball has a strict movement though, I mean like a prop where you can have something like a set position function and use a for loop or tween to move it.

2 Likes

that would be so good tho

i want health granters to increase the max hp you are allowed to have like increase it from 100 to 200 of ye max hp allowed

2 Likes

Bedwars! :smiley:

Nah, but seriously, there’s so much potential. The nice thing about Gimkit Creative is that you can build your OWN maps, and that would be taken even further with librekit. It allows more development, more customization, given that you aren’t stuck to guidelines keeping it kid-friendly and optimized for PR and all that. You don’t have to adhere to legal policies, work on security things, etc. So all of the things we want in Gimkit that Josh won’t add could be added to librekit. (Of course, I’m overrepresenting your role and responsibility, but you get the idea.)

The specific thing I was thinking about was showcasing the best of the games. In real Gimkit, Josh has said he wouldn’t be willing to host an awards thing across ALL of Gimkit (we asked him a while ago, I think), since he’s a busy guy. But here, since librekit is (presumably) open-source, we can MAKE OUR OWN CODE! If we want to make a game—like bedwars—we can make our OWN assets, our OWN devices, etc.

Even if you don’t know how to code, if your game/idea is good enough, someone else may be willing to code assets FOR you!

Librekit is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing it developed. I might even try helping developing it myself lol

5 Likes

Just my luck, of course, it’s blocked. :sob:
I would make something everyone likes, that’s easy to play.
Maybe Hill Climb or something.

2 Likes

I would really like to see an among us map.
Not like Trust No One, but one where you can move around and do tasks.

1 Like

i think alot of people did that already…

1 Like

I know that.
I would still like to see it though.

1 Like

Nice pfp
SAME IT IS BLCOKED!

Hill climb? what is that??

1 Like

Hill Climb is a 2D game where you have to drive a car up and down hills and such.
The objective is to get the longest distance without crashing or running out of fuel.

3 Likes

I would make a take Blackhole927’s computer so he won’t code simulator

1 Like

since librekit is (presumably) open-source

Not just presumably - factually and practically. That’s the entire point of librekit.

we can MAKE OUR OWN CODE! If we want to make a game—like bedwars—we can make our OWN assets, our OWN devices, etc.

Exactly.

Even if you don’t know how to code, if your game/idea is good enough, someone else may be willing to code assets FOR you!

Given a large enough time, a large enough community, and enough demand for a gamemode, it can and probably will be made by the community if they have the source code. So this is true.

Librekit is a great idea, and I look forward to seeing it developed. I might even try helping developing it myself lol

:tada:

I should note though - librekit never was and (hopefully) never will be a Gimkit competitor/killer. It only really matters to people who care about software freedom and self-hosting. But the upside to this is that the community has the power to build on top of the codebase easily.

To be honest, if Gimkit even just does what GitLab does where it has a FLOSS community edition and a proprietary enterprise edition, I probably wouldn’t bother continuing to work on librekit - I would try and just improve Gimkit directly instead. But that didn’t happen, and it probably never will, because Josh has other problems to worry about.

4 Likes

I’d like to see custom server implementation. If we could host our own servers on something like cloudflare and connect librekit to it, you could have practically unlimited memory.

2 Likes

It’s still very WIP, but this already exists: librekit/backend at master - librekit/librekit - Codeberg.org

Once it’s usable enough I’ll put it on a hexaheximal.com subdomain and open registration on it.

2 Likes

I’d do a drawing game, using your gim a pencil! You can then vote on which one’s the best! (whoops, kinda like build battle )

2 Likes