Ideas: Project Hypnotiser

heres another concept idea:
there would be 4 stages of hypnosis, the final stage being too far gone,
each of the stages could be defined bg the gims eye color.

idk i wanna add on to that, not sure how, heres how it would look:

2 Likes

I’m definitely in stage 4

1 Like

Here’s an actual idea:

It starts normal. You go outside having happy thoughts. You collect food for your m0m, then head to bed. But you wake up in a lab, you feel dizzy but not too dizzy. You notice some other scientists and they are mad you woke up. You run outside and notice missing posters. It said you were lost for 5 MONTHS.

And that’s all I have. I just want it to be where everything is happy, everything is cheerful, till it’s not. When you return to your town, It’s really gloomy and scary.

1 Like

Time distortion is a good idea.
I really like speedy’s idea. You should make a hypno-meter as a mechanic.

1 Like

I was sleeping…
yawn

All these ideas are pretty gud. Seal of Approval

1 Like

Here’s some more concept art. Delusions was chosen. But the name will be kept secret :)

3 Likes

to make it seem hypnotising add colour shifts and blue spirals in pure white background and spinning stuff.

1 Like

The Orb of Lux Obscura:
A blue, glowing sphere that whispers you lies via notifications and physically pulls you towards it once you reach the outermost zone. Once you get to the orb itself, you are stunned, until…you decide.

The Project Exitus:
This is where you exit the maze. After you exit, it leads you to a place, like a laberatory, where there is a command table. You can either exit the door, finding that:

Or, you could push the hidden button in the activated command table and end the game.

Malum Moderantum Fuci (Or just Hypnotic Drones):
These sentries roam the maze, and the seem to make you slower, in a daze and more suseptible to their quantum portals.

Unit_72 either edit your post, or make one big post.

2 Likes

The Labyrinth’s Eye:
This is the center of the maze, where you need to be. This is the location of the Orb of Lux Obscura, and you must get past this and other hypnotic dangers, as well as the Hypnotic Drones, to get to the Flag. There, there is a hidden button teleporting you to The Project Exitus.

Okay, One big post coming right up:

You might want to add the ideas tag, @Fruity-Gim.

@Unit_72’s Ideas For Project Hypnotiser:

:brain:

The Orb of Lux Obscura:
A blue, glowing sphere that whispers you lies via notifications and physically pulls you towards it once you reach the outermost zone. Once you get to the orb itself, you are stunned, until…you decide.

The Project Exitus:
This is where you exit the maze. After you exit, it leads you to a place, like a laberatory, where there is a command table. You can either exit the door, finding that:

Or, you could push the hidden button in the activated command table and end the game.

Malum Moderantum Fuci (Or just Hypnotic Drones):
These sentries roam the maze, and the seem to make you slower, in a daze and more suseptible to their quantum portals.

The Labyrinth’s Eye :
This is the center of the maze, where you need to be. This is the location of the Orb of Lux Obscura, and you must get past this and other hypnotic dangers, as well as the Hypnotic Drones, to get to the Flag. There, there is a hidden button teleporting you to The Project Exitus.

nah that’s crazy how did you come up with that

you have to make it as long as mysz’s.

oh wait.

Effects:

Swirls
In the maze, there can be an effect of black particles, or props, moving around the maze in an animation.
Darkness
The maze can be dark to limit player view, and cause the player to move by feeling.
Damage effects
Hot and cold effects, my guide on that, would help cause more distortion.
Sensory overload.
A ton of props splattered everywhere, always activating and deactivating, with random trigger/vending machine noises would make the player go crazy.
Unending maze
Like what I said above, the maze could be infinite.
Blurry vision
Using a lot of translucent props, we could make a blurry vision effect.
Motion
Using moving camera points, a moving maze, or other distorted movement.
Something creepy
This would cause the player to try not to look at a very important part of the maze.
Zoom in/out
Increasing size of props, or decreasing size, will make a zoom effect.
Many paths
The story could include a select one path area, where there are many paths with a lot of content.
Distractions:
To distract the player, we could include:
Minigames
Fighting a sentry
Laser area
Other more interesting things.
Losing progress
Losing progress will make the player angry, possible causing them to become more hypnotized.
To do this, we could include:
Teleporters
Respawning
A path that returns back to where it started.
Traps

Repetition
For example: having to click 100 buttons to find which button actually unlocks the room. Or having to craft thousands of items.
Glass Bridge
This could be fun to include.
Memorization
Players could be forced to memorize a path to get to their destination without touching certain areas.
Puzzles
Challenging problems could make the player more hypnotized.
Illusions:
illusions of 3d objects
fake item spawners, buttons, etc.
dis thing
How Does the Human Eye Interpret Optical Illusions?
barrier art from other games

Lore:
Distraction Lore
These distractions could help make the player more hypnotized. Examples include:

The Artemis 1273xe spaceship launched in 3529090 and exploded, creating this maze.

!!IMPORTANT GAME DETAILS PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: you have to go to the top left corner of the map to find the old man. The old man will give you more info.

a ghost whispers into your ear PSST! hey there! I need help! Can you save me?

Click the button on the top to find the ancient scroll!

Actual lore ideas:
Story 1:
You appeared from nowhere, and you are in this strange land, where physics doesn’t exist and the laws of the universe are broken every second. However, you know that the world was created out of your own mind, and only a human imagination could have made such a strange place. You explore the delusions, only to discover infinite dimensions and universes to find. You know that only one of them can help you escape from this unending nightmare. However, you ponder if you should look for a universe where you may possibly have infinite power. You need to choose: freedom, or strength. And when you do, you realize it was all a dream. You wake up to find yourself in a strange land, where physics doesn’t exist and the laws of the universe are…
Story 2:
You are part of a family, when one of your relatives passed. You are grieving. When you return to your room, you suddenly feel empowered, and start daydreaming… and reach into the dark corner of your mind. You feel something incredibly powerful there. You try and struggle harder, using up all of your brain’s resources. Soon enough, after many weeks of pulling that object out… you give up. But you have already gone insane, and are stuck in delusions. You decide that today is the day that you will reach for that again, one final time, and get your loved one back from a dark enemy.
Story 3:
You died. You don’t know how, but now you are stuck in a dark, delusional realm. The first few hours of being here, you wondered what happens when you die. You waited for something to show up, but nothing happened. For the next few weeks, or at least that’s what it seems like, you wondered if you should explore the deadly outer areas. But for months, and years, you are glued to here. It’s so bad that you are now completely delusional, but you’ve randomly started wandering off, and now you have no choice but to look around and try to find a way back.

Themes:
Rainbow-ish
Every color is included, with wayyy to much stuff.
Black and white
Fits the concept of illusions and stuff
Magical
Fantasy themes, like
Purple-ish
or
medieval-like
Space
There are many space-themed props, and could be for a story on a very long space trip.
All color
Everything colored in some ugly color.
Black
A dark maze!
Biomes
For example, icy, desert, etc.

Maze Styles:

Laser mazes!

Standard maze, find a path from one point to the other.

Circular, find a path from the center to the outside.

Just a spiral

Logic Maze

yeah u really thought I was going to pull a mysz
this is a idea catalog not a review I can’t make it longer

Come up with what?

Screenshot of my map to spark more ideas

1 Like

So, my ideas?

Ideas

More Ideas:
Dark theme? AHA!

Hidden Leapers
Sentries, like Hypnotic Drones, are hidden until you enter a zone, then they suddenly attack with force. Hypnotic relation: Seeing things that weren’t there but are now

The vines seem out of place…

So could you have like, certain props or something and it looks like your going the right way until BAM your back at the fountain or something then you go the other way and you somehow find yourself in the other path and you occasionally see other players who can give you directions like turn left left left right but the paths are complicated so you think left left left left instead?

You can also just make diffrent rooms that have teleporters that all teleport to diffrent rooms kind of like “Gim Dungeuon” but instead entirely random with no escape (except for the 1/25 chance of spawning in the precise 3 key rooms to unlock the every 3 room door.