Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.
Is this maze infinite?
Tick.
Tock.

———————————————————————————————————————————
Project Hypnotiser is an idea I have. A maze that is arranged in a spiral, with element that actually mess with your brain and manipulate sense of time.
(Also, still working on WickerGim. Not going too great, but you can’t have everything in life.)
I need theming ideas more than actual elements of the hypnotising, because I’ve thought out…quite…some…interesting stuff.
By the way, it’s not going to be called Project Hypnotiser. That’d sound…arghhhh just…not right y’know??
And the name is a secret.
Welp, see you in the heart of the maze.
Tick…
Tock……

4 Likes

So… what is it that you actually need? Ideas for areas in the maze?

1 Like

That’s what they need help with I think.

1 Like

Yeah more theming.
Should it have a “smiler’ vibe??
Or a broken lab vibes?
Or a Dark Forest curse thingy???
IDKKKK I CAN’T MAKE DECISIONS LOLOLO

To make it seem infinite:
have a few rooms of tunnels and mini-mazes. There is an invisible teleporter at each dead end. When the player goes into the teleporter, they will be randomly teleported to another mini-maze. Only one of the mini-mazes lead to the center.

will I make a guide on that? idk

fruity gim have a cookie *dumps a giant mountain of cookies *

1 Like

COOOOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEE

Also im looking for theming

1 Like

oh ok
I was thinking of like a blank, white maze, since it resembles illusion and going crazy.
that would be boring though

Hmm… maybe magic-themed… like purple sand or purple water tiles…
Or maybe a giant structure made by aliens…

Something like “Dark Forest” or “Abandoned Lab” or maybe even “Space Distortion”

1 Like

My ideas were similar to Chunky’s first one, a vacant, bright maze with recurring obstacles. As the player explores deeper, the maze gets darker, until there is just void, just NOTHING.
You can also use the maze to introduce back stories and…you know, stuff like that…

For Fruity-Gim

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

4 Likes

Still, haven’t decided what to do.
I need a theme for a name arrghhhhhhhh

I was thinking of a twisted asylum (mentally ill one) where people from the government would t**ture the inhabitants for experimentation purposes. But then I realized that’s probably not ok for little children. So maybe a more family-friendly version like you’re in a dream where you start out in a purgatory-like dimension but things become scarier or more “disturbing” (again family-friendly). Eventually, the player realizes (somehow) that they are in a corner of their own brain where all the “demented” things they don’t want to think about go. So the player has to escape their own brain but they still think it’s a dream but things start feeling more realistic and the pain feels real-er. sorry, it’s a bit much but just an idea…

4 Likes

The twisted asylum people from the government release dangerous dancing guitars in the village causing people to turn into dragons

2 Likes

Kosmo’s idea seems good, but we DEFINITELY have to family friend that.
Also this is a serious symbolic project, not some silly game. This actually does have meaning, but Skye Cat’s idea is still funny lol

2 Likes

make sure to have lots of bright and contary colors! or atleast have one section like that.
alot of optical illusions have contrary colors, so that might be something cool to add! also optical illusions drive me insane idk why.

(ik optical illusions and hypnosis are different things, but same vibe ig, ykwim?)

JEEZ KOSMO, thats spooky

2 Likes

Animations with bright flashing colors and animations that make it look like vibrations.

2 Likes

don’t forget an epilepsy warning :D

1 Like

Concept doodles (will be updated):

1 Like

I like “A Hypnotic Delusion: Secrets and Whispers”.
Drawing a thumbnail for this would be fun…

2 Likes

Boss idea (if bosses are a thing in this game):

Cocomellon: Cocomellon made you go insane, as you travel through your mind, you start to hear this: THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND, ROUND AND ROUND. You need to fight the water Mellon thing before you turn into the baby in Coco Mellon.

1 Like

Welp poll time

• Wrath of the Woods
  • Delusions
  • The Endless Void
  • Dark Secrets
0 voters

Please note that their names are not confirmed.
Delusions was chosen. Sorry Endless Void

I liked Wrath of the Woods :(