I post lots of maps and yet nobody plays them, is there any way to boost my game's popularity?

hey is there any way to make my game popular, any tips/tricks to make my game complelling?

Tips on how to get plays

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @tonythetiger! Please make sure to read this and you’ll have a great time here. Make sure to search before you post!

2 Likes

Oh this happens to me and it’s very frustrating- you make a well-made map but then no one plays it bc there are other ones named Ohio skibidi sigma

2 Likes

@tonythetiger hi welcome to the forum(:

1 Like

@tonythetiger that guide is not really good

1 Like
  1. Get people to play the game early
    Try to start out with a good thumbnail, instead of switching to a good one later on. You want as much people to play it as possible when it first releases to try to get on trending. Also, people will be more likely to click on it while it’s in new releases.

2. Make the title sound cool
    Self explanatory.

3. Add replayablity
    Add collectibles, or a point system. People aren’t gonna master the game on the first try, so they might try to come back for more rewards/points.
    You could also add different optional places for people to explore, secrets, different routes, or simply fun gameplay. How do you know if the gameplay is fun? Playtesting.

4. Playtest the game
    Get one of your friends to play the game before it releases. Try not to help them while they’re playing. Ask what parts of the game are bad and good. Change the bad parts, add more features of the good parts. Playtesting also lets more people know about the game, so more people play it when it’s actually finished.

7 Likes

Try making a better thumbnail that may be the problem

for example

Here are some ideas to help

I heavily recommend making the thumbnail IN GIMKIT to avoid the gims looking out of place or photoshopped.
OR, you could draw every single thing in the thumbnail, and the gims won’t look bad because they’re drawn in your own art-style.

4 Likes

This is mad underrated. Also, make your game around your mechanics, and not the other way around.

1 Like

Make your map an actual good map that people will consider replaying

Try to get a good thumbnail and eye-catching title and description.

1 Like

Doing a game with multiple endings but the game ends once you find one is good bc ppl will want to find all endings

RPGs and pvps usually get good plays. (I prefer RPGs myself)

2 Likes

1 Like

There are many key features in order to get your maps popularity up, such as:

• Eye-catching Thumbnail and Title
  • Play-encouraging description
  • Unique and impressive implementation of gimmicks, story, etc.

If more people play it that it gets on trending, you are sure to have a popular map!

1 Like