I need help with sentries

I am trying to create a pokemon-like game and need the player to teleport when the enemy “pokemon” (Sentry) is knocked out by your “pokemon.” (Also a sentry) However, when your sentry knocks out the other, the signal does not register, making the player get stuck.
Screenshot 2024-03-18 9.40.01 AM

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! I hope you’ll love it here. Unfortunately, I can’t help you. But may I see your wires to it?

You should wire the sentry to the teleporter, sentry knocked out - teleport player to target.
Welcome to the forums

Use channels for this. When sentry knocked out, transmit on “out of battle” and you get teleported out on that channel.

Welcome to the Forums Oso567!

Welcome to the community @Oso567! have you tried to use wires to register the sentry knock out instead of channels? It may be a simple fix to start the next game function.

1 Like

i tried that. I think it needs a specific player to teleport, and since a sentry knocked it out, it doesn’t have one.

Use a relay.

I have done this. I can’t figure it out.

Well maybe make it activate the teleporter, so put a barrier around the teleporter, then make sentry knocked out - deactivate barrier

1 Like

ok so i know that you can use a wire and have it set to sentry knocked out-> activate teleporter. And the teleporter is under the player. That should make your function work.

1 Like

that would work but them you would see it in game.

2 Likes

Or you could make the barriers invisible.

That sounds nice! The barriers sound nice!

doesn’t work. I think it only senses sentry knocked out when a player does it.

What is knocking out the sentry?

another sentry. It is your “pokemon”

yeah so you have a wire from the enemy sentry to the teleporter active in game. Quite simple.

@Oso567 This is what you need to do.

Place down a relay (no setting configuration) and a teleporter.

Wire the sentry to the relay like this:

Sentry knocked out → Relay Trigger.

Wire the relay to the teleporter like this:

Relay Trigger → Teleport Player here.
Quoted from mysz