How would I make it show the player's name in a notification when they are close to winning?

In my game, you need to be the first to eliminate 10 sentries, but I need to know how to alert other players (through notification) that so and so are 1 or 2 kills away from winning.

I know… It’ll take me a bit to type tho

1 Like

(K.O Manager) Target Knocked Out —> (Counter) Increment Counter

(Counter) Target Value Reached —> (Notification) Run wire pulse block

Blockcode:

Send Notification | Title | Create Text With “Triggering Player’s Name”
Content |  is close to winning!
Extra Notes

Triggering Player’s Name = Essentials
Set Text & Create Text With = Text

Also, this can be done with Activity Feed blocks as well.

Important Note: THERE HAS TO BE A SPACE BEFORE “is close to winning!” OR THE NOTIFICATION WILL LOOK WEIRD. THIS ALSO APPLIES IF YOU’RE USING ACTIVITY FEED BLOCKS.

1 Like

They way I do it, you would need to have a specific 9th sentry that would have to be the 9th sentry that everybody has to knock out. Since all sentries look alike, you would have to add a waypoint device and connect it to the 8th sentry. Once you knock out the 8th sentry, the waypoint should show. Then, that specific 9th sentry must have a notification device, preferably in the “warning” setting saying that a player knocked out the 9th sentry and will knock out the 10th soon. If you want it to be specific which player did this, you would need to input blocks into the notification device.

1 Like

Impressive even though I know Javascript I find the block code rather confusing for some strange reason. If only it wasn’t blocks…

On wire pulse or when receiving on channel?

Whatever you want, it’ll still work regardless.

I used Run wire pulse block though.

That’s not an option…

Never mind, it has to be the “Send Notification” block in the For this device tab.

^ Edited.

Well I would think you would need a 10 knockout managers

It doesn’t work. It doesn’t show the name. It justs shows “warning”.

Well if you use the in game chat system guide and do the notification part you can make it trigger persons name

that’s… not what i need.

but do you get what I mean…

1 Like

Are you sure?
It works for me.
Also, try removing the “create text with” block since you only need one line worth of text for the content.

Still, doesn’t work.

Any ideas, @Haiasi?

Lemme try to do it Lets see what happens for me

pause your testing because I may be able to do this

Can you send a screenshot of the Notification?

The process takes a while but ok, wait.