How to make papers players can read | TUTORIAL | Difficulty:🟦

Here’s how to make it so that if a player walks near paper, they can have the option to read it.

STEP ONE

Place papers down wherever you want it to be. It can be on the floor somewhere, on a table, etc.

STEP TWO

Place a button by going to + > Devices > Button.

STEP THREE

Place the button on the papers.

STEP FOUR

Edit the button as shown. It doesn’t really matter what the channel is, as long as you know what it is because you’ll use it soon.

STEP FIVE

Click on a popup by going to + > Devices > Popup.

STEP SIX

Edit the popup as shown. The header can be whatever you want the title of the papers to be, and the content can be whatever you want the papers to say. Make sure the popup opens on the same channel as the one we selected in step four. I recommend the style to be modal, but just for fun I made mine a banner.

STEP SEVEN

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Nice job! You could also use a vending machine.

1 Like

@wingwave How? Please tell :smiley:

@wingwave oh wait nvm you meant instead of the button.

Nice! Although there is already a guide for this.

4 Likes

Also, just a suggestion, if you want to make the text look like the one way out caselogs, you can make the font PT Mono.

3 Likes

@LxmasHaxTakis Oh my bad.

@LxmasHaxTakis Although my version is slightly different as it requires channels instead of wires.

I would recommend using wires because channels are sometimes laggy.

1 Like

@LxmasHaxTakis Ok got it! I guess I always use channels over wires since there’s less clutter, so I never noticed.

Also no need to mention me, you can reply to a post i made.

1 Like

@LxmasHaxTakis Oh I know! I just do it because it gives me extra words lol

1 Like

Just put letters in these <> to get over the word limit

1 Like

I do it on almost 85% of my post. lol

2 Likes

Wait, what? I always told people to use channels because wires are more glitchy. It worked for people.

Wires, by nature (according to the blackhole gimkit backend theory) are less laggy than channels. Neither should be more glitchy though.

1 Like

Really? On the old forum everybody said that wires were glitching. Let me find that post…

1 Like

Read through the wires glitched on them, and channels worked.

1 Like

bump

bump