How to make my trivia work

I am trying to make a Trivia minigame, but I want to make it so that when you press a button, it sets that as your answer, and after 15 sec, the results decide whether you di3 or keep going. If you didn’t understand that, then I’ll say it this way: I want it so that the counter starts when the question is revealed, and if they press the wrong button/don’t answer, they di3 when the counter’s time is up and if they press the right button, they get teleported to the next room at the same time. This is so someone can’t just wait and see if someone else di3s/gets teleported. It also needs to work with multiple people.

Use a repeater and a counter to set it to 15 seconds, and then if you get it wrong, teleport the player to a place where they will di3. (The repeater sends a signal every 1 second, and the counter needs to have a target of 15).
Is this what you were looking for?

no… It needs to work with multiple players, and the way you have it, each player will di3 15 sec after they select their answer, even if another person hasn’t chosen.

… oh. I’m not sure how that would work.

Not trying to discourage you! Sorry if I sounded grumpy.

bumpity bump bump please help I’m stuck

I honestly don’t know how this would work… maybe make another topic with the same question. Works for me always.

buddy, I am pretty sure how to do this just need you to explain what you want a little more:
do you want all players to choose?
how does the trivia system work?
do you want all the players on the team to die or just the ones that get it wrong?

If they don’t I want them to di3 like the ones that chose wrong

Essentially the buttons are activated when the question is revealed through the simplest block coding I’ve ever done. The ones that get it right are teleported to another room, have an interval, and then the next question is revealed. The game ends when the 5th question has been answered, and everyone that made it gets a green seed (for points)

Only the ones that get it wrong. All players are on the same team.

The ones that get it correct are teleported to a screen that says ‘Intermission’, right? So after 15 seconds, the people who got it wrong or didn’t answer will teleport to a screen with lots of sentries. Repeater: Interval 1 second, duration 15 secs > Counter: Target 0, value 15, wire to a trigger to trigger the trigger > Trigger: Wire it to counter to reset it after 1 secs > Teleporters: Set Target Group to Unalive, then put one Unalive teleporter in the d3ath screen > right answers (Buttons or Call-To-Actions) will teleport to Correct teleporter > done. Let me know if there are any problems.

what? I’m confused.

it’s a joke. The counter triggers the trigger and so it resets the counter.

button pressed (correct answer) —> wire repeater (15 secs) —> teleport player here (next room)
button pressed (wrong answer) —> wire repeater (15 secs) —> set player to team (spectators)

wire the last button (correct) to an item granter (green seed) (points)

The button teleports them to the correct room immediately, but after 15 secs if the answer was wrong teleporters activate so they go to the sentry room.
Wrong answers simply deactivate the button

see, this is where it gets tricky. What you have is the way that the counter counts down starting when someone presses the button, but I want it so that the counter starts when the question is revealed, and if they press the wrong button/don’t answer, they di3 when the counter’s time is up and if they press the right button, they get teleported to the next room at the same time. This is so someone can’t just wait and see if someone else di3s/gets teleported.

I’m a bit confused. I think I might be able to help, but do you want the countdown to start when the first person answers, or when the question is asked?

When the question is asked.

After the correct people wait till the first 15 secs is over they immediately get teleported to the next room, which detects them using zones
To be zones or not to be zones, that is the question
BUMP

Ok, so here is my solution:

materials:
counters
buttons
checkers
property
and teleporters

get the teleporter, a wire repeater with a 2-second interval, and the text (the trivia question)
now connect these:
player teleported here —> send wire pulse —> show text

now we need a counter:
starting value: 15
target value: 0
scope: global
visible in-game: *yes

we get the buttons(the amount of the answers):
button pressed transmit on channel: just any name (for me it is button pressed)

make a property:
name: literally anything different from other properties (for me i used answered correctly)
type: number
scope: player

get a counter:
scope: player
property: yes (answered correctly)
reset the counter when receiving on channel: button pressed

now wire the button with the RIGHT answer to the counter:
button pressed —> increment counter

get a trigger loop:
trigger when receiving on channel: trigger loop 1
when triggered transmit on channel: trigger loop 1
delay: 1 second

connect our first wire repeater to this loop:
receiving wire pulse —> trigger

now connect the counter (target value 0) to this trigger:
target value reached —> deactivate trigger

the trigger loop to the counter:
triggered —> decrement counter

finally, let’s get a checker:
check amounts: 1
check type: value of property
inequality: =
value: 1

now we connect the counter to a relay (all players) the checker:
counter target value reached —> trigger relay —> run check

now the checker to its destination:
check passes —> teleport player here (next room)
check fails —> send player to configured team (spectators)

i hope this helps…

Hmm… This looks like it should work to me, but it is for some reason always putting the player to the next question, no matter what.