How To Make Gadget Upgrades On Knockout

First, get a lifecycle.
Screenshot 2023-12-27 6.12.14 PM

Then, get a relay. Set it so that it will relay for all players.
Screenshot 2023-12-27 6.13.17 PM

Wire it like this:
Screenshot 2023-12-27 6.14.07 PM

Then get 1 counter for each of your weapons, not including the first weapon that you get during the start of the game. You can use a starting inventory for it.
Screenshot 2023-12-27 6.17.48 PM
So, go to the target setting of each counter. This picture is just showing what it will look like after you put the Target Value to yes.

Starting from the 2nd weapon, put the target that it is trying to reach by one. So, for the first counter, the target is one, for the second counter, the target is 2, etc.
We will get to these later.
Get a lifecycle and set it to player knocked out.
Every time it happens, make it transmit on Player_Knocked_Someone_Out or whatever you want to call it.
Now, for every counter, put 2 item granters. One item granter gives you the new item for the knockout, and the other one takes out the old weapon from your inventory.
Now go back into the target settings for the counters. Make them increment on getting a message from the channel Player_Knocked_Someone_Out.
For the last counter, when the target value is reached, end the game! You can do that with the end game device.
Screenshot 2023-12-28 12.44.10 PM

7 Likes

nice also finish this quick (before tommorow because tl1s have a 3-day editing limit)

1 Like

kool

1 Like

Nice guide! Maybe add the mini-guide tag as well.

1 Like

it’s not done yet, so it’s short

1 Like

Okay. Sorry, I didn’t know

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @SuperIzzyGuy!

Nice WIP, but I suggest getting someone to make a wiki for you if you’re not going to finish it within 1 day. As TL1 users only get one day of editing their posts while posts with the wiki tag have infinite editing time. You could also add the wip tag as well.

If more info on the forum is needed

I assume you’ve had your chat with @discobot, but if more info is needed you should checkout the beginner-must-read and forum-tips tags.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

TL1 users only have 1 day to edit their posts @eiqcrmeliutgwhc.

1 Like

i heard it was three, then one, then three, and the discourse trust levels guide didn’t specify how long so i’m currently conflicted

1 Like

As a TL1 user, I can tell you that they only get 1 day of editing time.

1 Like

oh ok now i’m going to yell at anyone who says the tl1 editing limit is 3 days

2 Likes

No it’s 3, I think. It’s 1 for New Users (TL0).

1 Like

Hm, is there some way to check what my trust level is?

1 Like

You’re TL1 (basic), it’s your first badge in your preview bio.
Now back on topic

1 Like

how to make this as a wiki?

1 Like

You have to be at trust level three. You’re at trust level one right now. You could ask a regular to make a wiki post for you but it’s better to just finish this guide in a day.

3 Likes

fyi it takes ~50 days to get to tl3

1 Like

Bump because of the first amendment “Freedom of Speech”
so I can say bump

1 Like