How to make a security camera!

Title is self-explanatory.
(Sorry for not posting for a long time, I was busy.)
Ok, so now for the cameras.
First things first, you want to make a security room (or a room that has the cameras.)
Here, I have a pretty humble-looking security room. You can copy it.
Cut me some slack. I’m not a design master, and I haven’t played for more than 3 months.

And there you have it. Our camera room complete.

Now for the actual stuff

First, we add a invisible button to here.

Ok, now we add a Camera Point device and link it to the button.

Move the camera point to the desired location. For my instance, here.

The camera now works, but we can’t go out of it. Now, add a overlay with these settings.

Now, we wire a lifecycle with the Game Start setting to the overlay.

Now, we give the overlay a channel.

We give the Camera Point the same channel, but when we press the overlay, we will deactivate the camera.

And that’s it! Now, whenever you want to exit the camera, press the button and it should snap you out of the camera view!

How hard was the guide?
  • 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • Impossible :pensive:
0 voters

Nice guide @TheOUTFOXER

1 Like

Thanks. Haven’t posted in a long time

It’s next gen cam system love it!!!
BUMPING into this guide was a good idea

1 Like

Thanks again. Well, hope you come up with some ideas too. I’m running out of inspiration

How about making an animation?

Yeah… that could be cool. But I’m too lazy to do it

@TheOUTFOXER Or make a motion detector that will be awesome!!

Yeah I will try making a tripwire guide. Bye now, see you later!

That’s pretty cool, @TheOUTFOXER

Great guide, very good for among us XD

Still need improvements

1 Like

… It’s as if we don’t already have a security camera guide that uses the same method.

This guide is duplicate, I am sure this guide isn’t helpful to the community

@here, how about we encourage people to innovate and find new things to do instead of shooting them down when they, by pure chance, make a guide about a similar subject that someone else made? Instead of telling people their guide isn’t helpful, is useless, etc, encourage them to explore and learn, grow their skills, etc. Then from there the guides they’ll make will be more original, and better overall. It’s better to build people up than break them down.

So please stop it with this rude “you’re guide is irrelevant because even though it’s all original content someone else did it before you by pure chance” stuff.

7 Likes

I strongly agree. We should allow people to do what they think is creative, and we should respect their opinions and creativity.

I am, too, sick of hearing others shut down others ideas because they think it’s “irrelevant” and “unneeded.” How about we let the moderators decide that?

A lot has happened since I went on summer break. Congratulations on becoming trust-level-4, @Blackhole927! :grin:

2 Likes