How to Make a Randomized, Animated Spinner

All of the setting the variables is a mod function. (Sorry this is the best link I found)

so it seems to say…

set property “Random Result countdown” random from 17-24 broadcast “start spinning”

Okay so this starts the triggers but what triggers the block code, what is the block on?

Oh nevermind I just saw something…

Adding the animation aspect is very interesting.
but WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GIVING YOURSELF A BREAK!?!?!???!??!?

2 Likes

set property “Random Result countdown” random from 17-24 start triggers that make the spinner go fast medium slow… but then I think something triggers the thing for blocks, (It does not really say) set tones of variables… what does = with / on it mean? That’s what I got… sorry

I got to get back to this cardboard, so wont respond.

So it’s all random on my end, though the randomizer does favor a few numbers…

2 Likes

Yes, that tends to happen. Like in dice, while rolling 2, 7 is most likely.

Off-Topic

Not Related: :love_letter: :white_check_mark:

wut

nerdy stuff dont click

in dice, if you have 2 dices (censor), ‘6’ is the most commonly rolled.
this is because to roll a 2: you would need a 1 and a 1. only 1 way to roll a 2.
To roll a 3, you could have (2, 1) and 2 ways
To roll a 4, you could have (3, 1), (2, 2), 3 ways
To roll a 5, (4,1), (3,2), 4 ways
but to get a 6: you can have either (5,1), (4,2), (3,3), 5 ways
for 7 you have 6 ways, and it goes back down, 12 is only 1 way.

getrithekid is this happening to your system?

First up, I’m not using 2 random things. If you look at the blocks, then you’ll see that it’s only one random variable, not 2. This means that it shouldn’t favor certain numbers. Also, with 2 1-6 dice, 7 is the most likely roll. Remember that 0 isn’t a possibility.

bruh
im thinking too mathmatically
I think im still in my encryption course

then what’s causing some numbers to be more likely? which numbers?

yes, very true, but…@wumpus …?

1 Like

Wumpus is Discord’s mascot. @Wumpus just so happens to name themselves to that.

1 Like

So someone couldn’t make a wheel of fortune map? I don’t want too but just asking

Gonna throw out an idea for improvement here.

Just to clarify, what we’re making is twofold: a visual display of an arrow rotating at variable speeds around a wheel, and a thing to randomly determine the winner.

The best way I can think of to do this is to have a chosen endpoint at the start, with relay triggers for each animation instance (each placed arrow). Ignoring the speed variation, that seems like it’d be easy to code, just with a hooked property for the location and number of turns left for the arrow.
The variable speed does present a problem, but what if you had 8 triggers to control the arrow, and then a trigger that runs in between each one to determine speed, and the one that activates is based on how much time is left using some math?

Or is that what you did here?

2 Likes

You could do that, but it would be mad annoying to code in the delays by using a single trigger with a .05s delay. It could even make it have a similar memory to the current method.

I just made a trigger for each turn of the arrow.

Oh, I was just thinking of having a bunch of different triggers for each timing and then running the signal through some checker or block logic (depending on the complexity)

also, on an unrelated note: i found a new qm about trigger mistiming, but the qm post is unlisted :frowning:

I guess that works, yeah.

Each of the last 16 triggers in the trigger chain have different delays, so this method wouldn’t save as much memory.

RAndoM BuMp

2 Likes
Thinking. . . (0%)
Thinking. . . (10%)
Thinking. . . (37%)
Thinking. . . (62%)
Thinking. . . (78%)
Thinking. . . (93%)
Thinking. . . (96%)
Thinking. . . (98%)
Thinking. . . (99%)
Thinking. . . (100%)