How to make a dragon using barriers!

hello! thank you for clicking on my post! today i shall show you how to make a dragon using barriers!
You can use this for pretty much anything!

DISCLAIMER: This is a long tutorial, making this slightly time-consuming.

(look familiar?)

To start your dragon, place a rectangular white barrier, set the alpha to 1, and no border. (This applies to all barriers.)
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.37.46 PM

Now add two large white circles, on in the front, and one in the back. (make the one in the back slightly higher.)
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.39.51 PM

Now add a long rectangle on the front circle for your dragon’s neck.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.41.36 PM

Add your dragon’s head and snout using square barriers.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.42.42 PM

Now give em some horns using thin long white barriers. Place these on top of the head.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.44.06 PM

Now for the legs, add one rectangle on the bottom of the front circle on the body. Tilt it to the right ever so slightly.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.45.36 PM

Add the dragons forearm using a smaller rectangle that’s tilted to the left.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.48.24 PM

add the dragons feet at the bottom of the forearm.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.49.36 PM

Now for the backlegs. Add a wide rectangle tilted to the right.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.50.31 PM

Now add a rectangle right below the one you’ve just placed, but have it tilted to the right instead.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.51.34 PM

Add the dragons feet and ankles. To do this, add a straight vertical barrier and then a horizontal barrier.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 5.52.58 PM

Now you’re done with the legs! Now lets add the dragons tail. I wont go too much in depth on how to do the tail, but sorta add a lot of small barriers together to make it look curvy.

Now you can start to see the dragon take form! Now lets give them some wings. To do that add a large barrier, a different color than what you’ve been using for the body. Then add a smaller barrier to connect the larger barrier to the body.

Now add skinny barriers going along the outside of the wing. Make them the same color as your dragons body.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.06.05 PM

Add the same skinny white barriers going down the middle of the dragons wing. I used 2 but your can use more.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.07.12 PM

This part is optional, but add your dragons underbelly using a different color than the body. I added a long barrier on the neck and belly.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.10.01 PM

Now, using a textbox, add the dragons eyes. You could use an ‘O’ or a ‘U’ or really anything! I used a ‘<’.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.11.28 PM

One again using a textbox, give the dragon a smile! :]. I used a ‘__________/’.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.13.15 PM

Now you could leave it there, or you could give the dragon a tongue like I did! I used a square barrier and a circle barrier. Line them up like this:
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.15.34 PM

Now add a line on they’re tongue using a textbox that says ‘|’
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.16.25 PM

Now for the final step. Add a text box that says ‘//’ and make it pink. Put it on the dragon’s cheek.
Screenshot 2023-12-15 6.18.06 PM

Aaaaaaaand, you’re done!! They should look like this!

thank you for reading! let me know if I should change or add some things!

28 Likes

It’s @Blizzy! Wow, @Blizzy is very tall. Or is that @NavyCatZ? Sorry, my face recognition is terrible.
Edit: I forgot the other dragon. The 7th one.

7 Likes

@Blizzy has been spotted :exploding_head:

5 Likes

aha! I knew somebody would notice! (its kinda a mix between @Blizzy, @NavyCatZ and @The_7th_Dragon

4 Likes

ooooooh nice guide also blizzy in gkc???

4 Likes

I love the attention to the anatomy!

9 Likes

Can’t wait for @Blizzy reaction to both the amount of @ and her potrait.

4 Likes

Let’s see… 1, 2, 3, 4… WAIT WHAT??? FOUR @s FROM THIS TOPIC???

3 Likes

The face is from @NavyCatZ, the Wings are from @The_7th_Dragon, and the rest of the body is me. I think.

6 Likes

Noice! (WOW won’t be happy, but too bad)

6 Likes

:slight_smile: Just saying, @WhereIsMyHat, I think @max1 and @The_7th_Dragon have your hat… I know where it is… But I’m 100% not telling…

5 Likes

I forgot to say, Nice guide!
(Technically, It’s not part of my official lore)

5 Likes

@Blizzy spotted :eyes:

3 Likes

People saying “blizzard spotted” reminds me of people always saying, “have you found your hat yet?”

5 Likes

Are you sure? I don’t have it >:3
Nice guide

3 Likes

thats the darn cutest dragon I have ever seen

2 Likes

@GimSolver Is your account back?

2 Likes

Wow, @speedy_kd4 it looks great!!! so cool :grin:

2 Likes

Nice dragon! It kinda looks like 7th’s.

3 Likes

I actually think the neck is from @GimSolver(Pink, right?), the wings are definitely from @The_7th_Dragon, @NavyCatZ is the head, and I kinda make up the body…

6 Likes