How to make a debuff zone

I am making a boss fighting game and I want one of the areas to have little patches of debuff. For example if you step into a pile of fish then you would become slower or do less damage, but I want this effect to only be there temporarily.

zones. Make zones around the debuff and use speed modifiers or damage boosters but decimals.

2 Likes

put zone on top of pile of fish. Damage boost device set it to less than normal. Connect zone to damage boost, when player enters zone, set damage. And then make the entire maple besides the small area of zone and connect it to a damage boost with normal damage.

3 Likes

if it is just fish for mud than use triggers

2 Likes

Triggers cant detect when the player has stepped off.

2 Likes

Correct. That is why zones are better for this because they detect in and out.

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

but what would be the purpose of being slow when on a fish…

2 Likes

Speed modifiers that turn on for that zone but turn off when you leave.

2 Likes

The purpose would be to make it a slight bit more realistic.

2 Likes

Or for an obstacle.

2 Likes

yes, but I think NUBBOI wants “if you step into this zone then you get an effect that lasts a while”

2 Likes

Triggers are more memory efficient so if your trying to make a effect that last awhile that’s the one to choose but if you want to make it so it only happens on the fish then zones would be better although it would be less memory efficient.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.