How to end the game when a player reaches a certain amount of an item (say tickets for example)

Making a base capture game, and when a player captures the base, they get a ticket, 10 tickets wins… how to make a checker that checks if tickets are equal to ten, the game ends…

Get an item manager, a counter, and an end game device
set the counter’s target goal to 10 and make it increment by 1
make the item manager track tickets.
make it so that when player get’s tickets the counter goes up by 1
and when the counter reaches its target number (10) it end’s the game.

4 Likes

This is a good solution! The community as a whole is getting better at Gimkit Creative!

3 Likes

@NoYouWillNotTakeMyNa This doesn’t work when I try it. Am I doing something wrong? I’m trying to track cash. When a player earns $500, the game should end, but when I test it out, nothing happens. If you can, do you think you can reply and help me out? I set the Increment Counter when receiving on to Player gets cash, could the problem be that the channel name is incorrect?

1 Like

Does the player earn cash one by one? If no, there is an alternative solution that should work.

1 Like

@ClicClac While I’m testing, the cash is earned all at once, but in the normal game, you will earn (for example) $20 at a time

1 Like

Alright, I just found a workaround. The way this strategy worked was only if you earned one cash at a time.

A few settings:

• The property needs to be set to a number.
  • The inventory item manager needs to track the amount of the item you are earning, and update the property.
  • The checker just needs to check for if the amount of item you need to win the game has been met. If the check passes, end the game.

Tell me if you need anything explained, or have any questions.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m trying this now, and will get back to you if I have any questions later on!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

wouldn’t you need something to set the checker off?

1 Like

I thought I explained that, between the wire and the checker bullet point

1 Like

what? the checker isn’t triggered by anything in your description

1 Like

Thank you so much. I forgot about the block code.

1 Like

VERY IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTAL: Go into the inventory item manager’s block code, and tell it to transmit on channel X. Have the checker check when it receives on channel X.

1 Like

Are checkers still bugged when dealing with properties?

1 Like

Yes, and they will probably not be fixed until the beginning of the school year in September.

1 Like

Okay, so in that case, I suggest you not use a checker, but instead use a trigger to check the property.

2 Likes

I am not directly checking the property, but I’m checking whether or not the amount of item is equal to the amount needed to end the game. Could you remind me what the inventory item managers’ block code startup condition is?

Did whatever you said work? Apologies for restarting this if this inconvenienced you.

Hey @ThatguyGaming42! What you want to do is, place an end game, a relay, a lifecycle, a repeater, and a checker.
Connect the lifecycle and the repeater. Make the setting so it repeats every second. Then connect the wire to the checker and repeater. Then, make it so it checks for tickets equal to however many you want. Then connect the relay to the game end.