How To Display Blastball Goals For Both Teams Using Game Overlays? (Pictures Would Be Highly Appreciated!)

How Would You Display Blastball Goals For Both Teams Using Game Overlays?

What do you mean by this. Like in which direction/side the goal is or how far away.?

Also welcome to the community @OhioianOG2. Make sure to check out forum-beginners new-user-must-read gimkit-beginners (all kinda the same thing) and psa tags

Also your question is unique but a constant problem these days is people not searching before they post. Most of the time a guide or help post has already been made on that particular topic and it is pretty simple to find a solution.

Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums!

1 Like

Can you elaborate plz?

he was asking a question and welcoming you.

Sure. What exactly are you trying to display? The general direction or the distance away from the goal?

I mean on the part where he says “in which direction/side the goal is or how far away.”

1 Like

Ohh, I meant like when the ball goes into the goal the number displays on a game overlay

You can’t display it on a Game Overlay, instead you’d have to put an Identifier for the ball (name it whatever you want), place a Waypoint, go to the “Waypoint Target” setting and put the Identifier you put for the Ball in the “Ball Identifier” setting.
You can’t display it on a Game Overlay, because waypoints can’t update a property based on how far the player is from said tracked device/player/flag/ball.

1 Like

Ye ik how to do that I’m talking about like when the ball goes into the goal the number displays on a game overlay

Oh. Thanks for the clarification. Have each goal zone (idk what they are called) increase a seperate counter. These counters should update properties. One called “Team1Score” and the other counter update “Team2Score” these need property devices which should be number properties. These properties should both broadcast on ScoreUpdate when updated. Now get your two overlays. Go to block code and have the first, when recieving on ScoreUpdate, set its content to the property Team1score. You will need a convert number to text block between. Do the same thing for the other overlay but have it set its content to Team2Score. Overlay 1 should be in the bottom left. Overlay 2 in the bottom right.

If you want to have it say which team switch the convert number to text block out for a create text with block. Put the get property part in the second half of the create text with block. In the first part put “Team 1 goals: “ and “Team 2 goals: “ respectively.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the explanation! and thank you @Haiasi for trying to help me.
And thanks for the warm welcome! I will make sure to mark a solution.

2 Likes

When you mean by These properties should both broadcast on ScoreUpdate when updated. where do I go for that?

It’s the “when property value changes, transmit on” channel.

1 Like

Oh ok thank you! (Extra Characters)

You can put characters (no special symbols, for the second html one you can though) inside <> or <!-- to bypass the character limit and hide those characters.

Example:

<hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh> 

or

<!-- hhhhhhh
1 Like

Cool

Can someone send pics for this part plz?

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.