How to Detect Clicks

Basically, this guide takes advantage of the new instant refills update. Basically, its a machine gun, but with a default magazine of 1. This will instantly detect the click because it reloads and drains the ammo from your inventory. Now, you have a click detector. If you want to refill your ammo, then use these blocks in your IIM:

(ignore the accelerate part. that can be whatever you want to happen on a click.)
Note: You shouldn’t make the IIM edit a property if you want more ammo.

Machine gun guide:

I’ve found that the machine gun guide doesn’t really work for this guide, so here’s how to make it to work with this guide:

You can change the delay on the right trigger, but I’ve seen that anything below .5s is not very responsive. IMPORTANT: You need to place the item granters on the right first, and then the item granters on the left. This makes it so that it takes the weapons away from you and then gives you fresh weapons to detect clicks with.

NOTE: ZAPPER DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS!!! Idk why though. (Maybe full auto weapons don’t work for this).

14 Likes

How would that refill your ammo? Those blocks look like they are for a click detector, not an ammo refiller. Unless you give ammo back on the channel block…

2 Likes

It only accepts when the item amount decreases. So getting items doesn’t count as a click.

3 Likes

Nice guide!

Nice guide!

1 Like

Nice Guide! Like the coding, btw.

Hmmm this could be useful…

2 Likes

what is the get amount of current item block

Has this been tested? Because I recall when I tried making a critical hit system using a similar deisgn a while back, and for whatever reason, the inventory item managers were unable to detect the draining of ammo being loaded into the weapon.

1 Like

Before the update we could only think of this! Nice guide!

It uses instant refills and the quantum portals to detect when someone clicks because when they click with it, it shoots the quantum portal, but that instantly refills, causing the ammo to go down by one.

The IIMs can’t detect the ammo inside the clip, but the insta reload drains from the inventory.

What are the property settings?

I think they’re numerical.

2 Likes

And great guide! This is pretty interesting…

I feel like Gimkit is slowly going from educational to “just for fun”.

6 Likes

Well, technically, it still has great educational usage, as the official maps show, however, GKC is designed by the players, and players don’t want to try answering questions.

4 Likes

@getrithekd I’m getting really confused with mysz’s guide now… It’s not working…

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll add my part. I had to fiddle with it to work.

2 Likes

Wow. This is perfect.

2 Likes

Added.

2 Likes