How to Design Custom Sentries by TigriRose!

First of all, welcome back to my guides! I know @awesomeT43 has made a wiki similar to this, but in this guide, you will be learning how to make these bosses on your own! Let’s get started. (In this guide, I’ll be designing a vine monster, but you can pick any color scheme or props you want.)

Starting Off

Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.39.09 AM
For the materials, you’ll need a barrier, a sentry, and some props. (I used a groundbreaker plant). These will be your “masters”, you will need to copy them.

Next

Next, put the props in a circle around the barrier.
Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.46.49 AM
You don’t need to tint the barrier, because it’s only purpose is to stop the player from going underneath the props. Make sure to turn off the shadows on the prop.

After That

Next, go into the sentry’s settings and give it a legendary weapon and 1000 health. If you want to add an extra design touch, pick a weapon that matches the sentry’s theme. (Wooden wand fires green, vine monster, e.t.c)

(Don’t bother changing the sentry’s skin, it will be covered anyway.)
Put the sentry underneath the costumes.

The Extras

Give your sentry eyes! Find a round prop, like a basketball, and tint it according to the theme color. Go into layers and move the eye to the above layer. Copy it and give your sentry eyes!
Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.55.33 AM
Next, you can add columns tinted the theme color, and tint a coral the same color. Turn off the shadows for the coral and put it above the sentry’s head. Make lasers and hide the start/end points and change the color. This is how it should look.
Screenshot 2024-05-17 11.05.29 AM

And there you go! Now you know how to make boss sentries and custom costumes! Something I didn’t cover was using emojis as text to cover sentries. You could also do that, but there isn’t a lot of room for creativity there. Please check out the other custom sentry guides and have a great day!
@TigriRose out!

6 Likes

Screenshot 2024-05-17 10.14.19 AM
lmao

Nice Guide!!!
also,
FIRST REPLY!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Ty! And yes, I had a good laugh about that.

1 Like

Nice but there have been many guides on this but still good guide!

1 Like

Just found this out, but all art topics should be put in art. Nice guide tho.

1 Like

Hmm, can’t you also make the props have no collision and send a channel when the sentry gets knocked out to get rid of the props? (And no respawning sentry of course).

1 Like

The props should have collision, because it would be weird if the player could go under the sentry. The second idea is good, though. I didn’t think of that.

woah, that looks so cool!
nice guide!

1 Like