How To Check If RNG Chose This Option Already?

So I am planning on making a “Fall Guys” Game when platforming comes out, I know how to randomize the maps but there is one problem. I want the code to read if the RNG chose that map before and to choose another map that hasn’t been chosen yet.

(Note: The maps should only be played once throughout the game)

Add the value that was chosen to a property. To store multiple, you could use the new text blocks. When the RNG code is run, check first if the alue you get is equal to the property. If so, reroll.

Like so:

(The property needs to be number and global scope, and the trigger should trigger on RerunRNG)

4 Likes

You could try storing each map ID in one property using concatenation after each round (e.g. :5: :1: :3: :2:), and then use the find string in block then repeat the round randomizer if the string is found (e.g. if :5: is apart of the property then broadcast what you used.)

2 Likes

Screenshot 2024-03-11 8.39.09 AM
Screenshot 2024-03-11 8.39.16 AM

(dear God when can we get functions in gimkit)

Probably could be optimized.

Basically, when the main script is run, lets say that it picks Map 1. Its going to run another script that is like the main script, but for map 1, it does not have map 1 as a possibility. Same thing with map 2 and map 3. Once again, this probably could be optimized, this already takes 53/75 blocks, and it doesn’t even run 3 times yet.

3 Likes

Wait, how does this check if the value was already used?

it just runs another function after that only has the other options

like inside the if RNG value = 1

But it’s all in one block…

Variables get reset after a block gets rerun…

yeah it doesn’t really work that well no offense @unavailible

none takenㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

What about my block instead? (Scroll up)

+1 +1 +1

Use a single text property with all the numbers for the maps (sorry no 2 digit numbers).

Does this take less blocks than my method?

I think 26 blocks out of 75
@ClicClac , you have like 23 blocks out of 75

So mine has less, but his broadcasts on the activity feed.

I don’t know, but it does finish everything in one run of the block.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.